website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 15

3 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

McGowen decided to block all the uzbek's kicks with her head, completely outclassed. Walkden must be fuming

I mean in fairness to McGowan she earned the spot with her results.

31 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

4th round of the diving has probably put paid to any chance of a :GBR medal. Williams still with a chance in theory but will require 2 great dives and mistakes from others. Kothari would require most of the others to...well...drown.

I didn't honestly see it happening!

I'm grateful that the other half of my post did not happen though. A mass drowning would have...put a bit of a downer on events. So to speak.

5 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

I mean in fairness to McGowan she earned the spot with her results.

That hasn't stopped them in the past for leaving the current "best" at home for someone who has historically better success though. 

Also am i missing something with the seeding, seems 3 was generous for rebecca and i don't know if you saw the mexican in the fight before but im shocked to believe he's anything but a continental quota, man ran out of energy halfway through round 1, world number 2 apparently :yikes: 

2 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

That hasn't stopped them in the past for leaving the current "best" at home for someone who has historically better success though. 

Also am i missing something with the seeding, seems 3 was generous for rebecca and i don't know if you saw the mexican in the fight before but im shocked to believe he's anything but a continental quota, man ran out of energy halfway through round 1, world number 2 apparently :yikes: 

When you consider that there's 2 classes being mashed into this the seeding is always likely to throw up some weird results, I guess.

Both she and the Uzbeki were silver at the worlds last year. So a bit weird that they were 3 and 6.

I suspect Bianca being married to Aaron probably never helps her case...

Charley Hull regretting that the golf doesn't allow you to do a sailing and discard your worst round....

Finishes +1 over par which isn't anything special but when you realise that she was +9 over after round 1 it was a solid recovery!

Had she been even par in that round she would have been sat in second right now. Not to be however.

For those eagle eying GB’s final medal position in the table:

France just lost the handball final

Australia lost the water polo final

Japan look set to lose the table tennis final