website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 15

8 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

I mean anyone who watches a lot of track cycling, and i know you do, knew exactly how that austrian attack was going to pan out 30 laps or so later. 

It was a terrible tactic and  I'd have been happier with GB doing that than what they did, which was nothing. Maybe they were outclassed, again, thats a very bad look if that's the case because any combination of GB riders should be challenging. 

Tell me at which point in that race they showed a desire to do something, (the sprint points aint it, they were just following wheels) 

That's just weird though. You would like the appearance of being competitive briefly - and then coming comprehensively last - than being competent and coming higher up the field?

I'm not disputing that it was bad from GB. I don't think it was ever going to be anything more than average at best anyway, but even with that I still think it was not good. But that's very different from being "shameful".

1 minute ago, Epic Failure said:

That's just weird though. You would like the appearance of being competitive briefly - and then coming comprehensively last - than being competent and coming higher up the field?

I'm not disputing that it was bad from GB. I don't think it was ever going to be anything more than average at best anyway, but even with that I still think it was not good. But that's very different from being "shameful".

Particularly as just Before Chris Hoy predicted they might win gold. Simon Brotheton and Clare Balding both sounded very disappointed with the performance pre crash.