website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 10 (August 5)

I understand the frustrattion but can you imagine the athletes?  They are doing their best = they lost in 3x3 ladies basketall Ithink three games by one point and that makes the difference.  Proud of them but wish they had a medal. I think that means Canada will not beat 24 medals from Tokyo   I am n ot sure  but I think they are out in ladies beach volleyball so that means men's basketball is the hope for a medal, breaking, and they would need 5 more medals from athletics (track and field).  Maybe 2 medals in field events and 2 medals in running maybe another medal in athletics? but hard to get 24.  I am noto sure if there are boating/rowing/canoeing events we could medal or if the artistic swimming we have a chance?

12 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I know everyone likes to be doom and gloom, but we still have something like 15 chances (> 10%) remaining for medals. Let's give it a few more days before calling this the worst games ever :p 

Meanwhile on CBC:

Olympic newsletter: Is Canada having its best Summer Games ever? | CBC Sports

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I know everyone likes to be doom and gloom, but we still have something like 15 chances (> 10%) remaining for medals. Let's give it a few more days before calling this the worst games ever :p 

I don't think you can go by medals; it just would be nice if we could beat Tokyo but every olympics there is some special highlight and you don't have to look hard.  I am not sure what is the best olympics for Canada or for that matter the world.  I know at the end the P resident declares the current games the best but I don't think that is the case this year.  I don't think it was horrible but  the opening ceremonies was very mixed and even with the sophisticated story it need to be "told" or some explanation.  The healthy cuisine or so called healthy was a big bust.  Some huge percentage going vegan.  It was forced on many athletes. In the end food had to be brought in.  To the person or persons criticizing the ladies basketball I am sure they did their best.  I admit I had never seen 3x3 at the olympics it was fast and fun but admittedly looked very sloppy, choppy and often flailing .   Every olympic has different superstars this year they may have been fewer.    But there was Summer Mcintosh who knows who else with  six days left.  True Canada has not won the glamour sports - decathlon, gymnastics, soccer, basketball, 100m, but they are doing just fine.  Keep on cheering for them; it does looking challenging to beat Tokyo but that's not the only measure.

7 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I don't think it's doom and gloom. I think Canada as a whole is doing great and there are several exceptional memories made here so far. It's just the amount of 4ths again. It is mind boggling, and a uniquely Canadian phenomenon. Like you said, there are still lots of chances and excitement to come. 

I understand the frustrattion but can you imagine the athletes?  They are doing their best = they lost in 3x3 ladies basketall Ithink three games by one point and that makes the difference.  Proud of them but wish they had a medal. I think that means Canada will not beat 24 medals from Tokyo   I am n ot sure  but I think they are out in ladies beach volleyball so that means men's basketball is the hope for a medal, breaking, and they would need 5 more medals from athletics (track and field).  Maybe 2 medals in field events and 2 medals in running maybe another medal in athletics? but hard to get 24.  I am noto sure if there are boating/rowing/canoeing events we could medal or if the artistic swimming we have a chance?