website statistics

[POLL] Which of the following countries, arranged in pairs, will finish ahead of the other in medal tally at Paris? Version 2.0 Road to Paris 2024

[POLL] Which of the following countries, arranged in pairs, will finish ahead of the other in medal tally at Paris?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following countries, arranged in pairs, will finish ahead of the other in medal tally at Paris?

Albertville 92 are my first memories. I mainly remember about Ice Hockey. It was nothing like the sports I was used to (mostly football and rugby) and 30 years later I still remember how the french jersey looked like. There was a lot of hype also about Grospiron winning the new mogul event. Most likely, I remember about him because my 7 year old found his name to sound very funny. 

I became an olympic addict with Atlanta. Back then, pre-internet, you knew basically nothing about the athletes, who was favorite and who was not, how many medals to expect, etc. Basically, every event sounded a bit magical where everything was possible. Sometimes, I wonder if knowing too much is not killing the fun of the Olympics. Anyway, Atlanta are still my favortite games, but, I reckon it's pure age bias ;)

Posted (edited)

The first Olympics that I watched was Beijing 2008. I was blessed to have my first two Olympics be Beijing 2008 (being able to see the greatness of Phelps and Bolt) and Vancouver 2010 (home Olympics and two of the greatest weeks in Canadian history). I think that's I big reason why I'm such a big fan today.

Best Olympics was definitely Vancouver 2010. Home Olympics, 14 gold medals. Don't think it'll ever be topped in my lifetime.

Worst is probably London 2012. Only 1 gold medal won.

Edited by Topicmaster1010