website statistics

[POLL-TRACK CYCLING] Which country will win the Track Cycling medal tally at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024? Road to Paris 2024

[POLL-TRACK CYCLING] Which country will win the Track Cycling medal tally at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which country will win the Track Cycling medal tally at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024?

• Netherlands
    • Great Britain
    • Italy
    • Denmark
    • Germany
    • Australia
    • New Zealand

4 hours ago, Nish said:

Love how everyone is underestimating Team NZ 

8 medals contenders 

5 real shot at medals 

• Men’s Madison (Gate and Stewart)
  • Men’s Omnium (Gate)
  • Men’s Team Pursuit (Gate, Stewart, Sexton, Hornblow)
  • Women’s Team Pursuit (Botha, Wollaston, Shearman, Shields)
  • Omnium (Wollaston)
  • Madison (Wollaston and Botha)
  • Women’s Sprint (Andrews)
  • Women’s Keirin (Andrews)
  • Women’s Team Sprint (Andrews, Patch and Fulton)

It’s okay to underestimate the little ol’ kiwis. Just a reminder, 8 medals at UCI World Cup last year. Domination in Nations Cup since then. 

Not sure how I’ve underestimated them:

I said I expect them to win 2 golds in women’s team pursuit and Omnium (plus the men’s Madison is wide open and could frankly go in any direction, including NZ). 

A variety of silver/bronzes in the other events you mention too would seem like a fair prediction.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RussB said:

Not sure how I’ve underestimated them:

I said I expect them to win 2 golds in women’s team pursuit and Omnium (plus the men’s Madison is wide open and could frankly go in any direction, including NZ). 

A variety of silver/bronzes in the other events you mention too would seem like a fair prediction.

I didn’t mean that Team NZ would sweep gold medals. I just meant total medal haul could be well beyond expected based on the what people are predicting on here. I didn’t mean you specifically. Infact you are one of the few (or maybe the only one besides me) who has consistently mentioned of Team NZ do fairly well. 

Edited by Nish
At

Just now, Nish said:

I didn’t mean that Team NZ would sweep gold medals. I just meant total medal haul could be well beyond expected and the way people are predicting on you. I didn’t mean you specifically. Infact you are one of few (or maybe the only one besides me) who has consistently mentioned of Team NZ do fairly well. 

New Zealand’s only issue I think to a high medal haul is that Gate and Wollaston are going to have such a high workload with the multiple rounds of team pursuit, the Omnium and then the Madison. 

But yep the team should do very nicely! In terms of medals I have them finishing above Netherlands…it’s not hugely unlikely to me they finish 2nd in terms of overall medal count.

Posted (edited)

For :CAN hopefully one medal out of Bibic (men’s omnium), Michell (women’s sprint/keirin), and Genest (women’s keirin/sprint)

Edited by Josh

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I'm fine with two gold medals in team pursuits for :ITA and one omnium medal.

Are you predicting that?

12 minutes ago, Nish said:

Are you predicting that?

Event by event prediction? let's say yes.

Number of expected medals prediction? Rough estimate without thinking too much, something like 1.3 golds and 3-3.5 medals

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

Event by event prediction? let's say yes.

Number of expected medals prediction? Rough estimate without thinking too much, something like 1.3 golds and 3-3.5 medals

Italy are quite big underdogs against New Zealand in the women’s pursuit.

mens team pursuit is very competitive between the big 3 - I’d have GB marginal favs given form this year.

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

Italy are quite big underdogs against New Zealand in the women’s pursuit.

big underdogs? Seems a little exaggerated, what time do you think New Zealand can set?

7 minutes ago, Faramir said:

big underdogs? Seems a little exaggerated, what time do you think New Zealand can set?

Before yesterday I had :GBR winning by around a second and a half with :ITA and :NZL very close for silver.

Archibald's injury may cost 2-3 seconds lost for GBR