website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2024

Totallympics

Confirmed NHLers so far as of 22.04.

:USA (13) Jake Sanderson, Brock Faber, Matt Boldy, Shane Pinto, Johnny Gaudreau, Zach Werenski, Cole Caufield, Tage Thomson, Luke Hughes, Trevor Zegras, Seth Jones, Brady Tkachuk, Luke Kunin

:CAN (11) Connor Bedard, Kaiden Guhle, Mason McTavish, Jordan Binnington, Jared McCann, Brandon Tanev, Jamie Oleksiak, Dawson Mercer, Dylan Cozens, Byram Bowen, Owen Power

:CZE (5) Ondřej Palát, Tomáš Nosek, Petr Mrázek, Jakub Vrána (AHL)*, David Špaček (AHL)*

:SVK (5) Juraj Slafkovský, Šimon Nemec, Martin Pospíšil, Pavol Regenda (AHL)*, Tomáš Tatar

:SWE (5) Erik Karlsson, Rasmus Dahlin, Andre Burakovsky, Victor Olofsson, Joel Eriksson Ek

:SUI (4) Nico Hischier, Jonas Siegenthaler, Akira Schmid, Philipp Kurashev

:FIN (3) Mikael Granlund, Jesse Puljujärvi, Olli Määttä

:GER (3) Moritz Seider, Philipp Grubauer, John-Jason Peterka

:FRA (1) Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

:LAT (1) Elvis Merzlikins

:NOR (1) Matts Zuccarello

*Played mainly in AHL this season

Our GM Miroslav Šatan confirmed to the press this morning the arrival of all 5 above mentioned guys. All 5 will join the camp next week

(It is questionable if they will play already next week preparation game against Poland or they will play only the last test match before the departure to the worlds against USA though)

Huge thanks to all 5 of them whom without any questions immediatelly accepted the invitations :wub:

Juraj Slafkovský (Montreal) Šimon Nemec (New Jersey) Tomáš Tatar (Seattle)

c51ada40-227b-4603-a151-762d4f4ae7f1.jpe07146f5a-9934-4687-a8f4-8378bd5809c4.jpe6fce5f24-4320-493e-83d5-de36a0670913.jpe

Martin Pospíšil (Calgary) and Pavol Regenda (Anaheim NHL/San Diego AHL)

f7ce8a17-2be8-4f91-b11b-c7f4341d97a2.jpe680569fc-e87f-4e40-9f2b-1741bee12e0e.jpe

We are apparently still expecting to add also some 5 max 6 other names to the final roster

(we have a couple of guys in the Czech extraliga final, the likes of Hudáček, Daňo, Roman, Čacho and Hrehorčák for Třinec and in Pardubice Paulovič, not so sure about Pánik being aired by our staff though but especially the defencer Čerešňák we absolutely will need him after the injury of Marinčin in this series earlier)

in our Extraliga final maybe 1 or 2 names can be considered to offer them a try in the camp,

and obviously in North-America (The NHL Play-offs where we have 2 guys we would really want to have in the team, defencers Martin Fehérváry and Erik "Drago" Černák, both are currently losing 0-1 in their respective series with their Washington and Tampa against NY Rangers and Florida),

plus there still the AHL Play-Offs which are strating right now, where we have 9 players involved, in case of eventual early exits there room to invite somebody to join the team as well

https://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/article/ms-2024-prve-posily-z-nhl-pridu-tatar-slafkovsky-nemec-regenda-a-pospisil

5 Minnesota Wild Swedes added to the roster

so :SWE confirmed already 10 NHLers so far

Erik Karlsson, Marcus Petersson (Pittsburgh), Rasmus Dahlin, Victor Olofsson (Buffalo), Andre Burakovsky (Seattle), Joel Eriksson-Ek, Marcus Johansson, Jonas Brodin, Filip Gustavsson, Jesper Wallstedt (Minnesota)

Also for team :CAN  Colton Parayko (St. Louis) and very likely also Damon Severson (Columbus) will join the team.

Andre Tourigny will be the coach of Canada at the worlds

Jeff Petry and Lucas Raymond both confirmed I believe (if Michigan reporting is accurate). Ray-Ray was already likely, just had to work out insurance. Which I believe is the same situation for Seider.