website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2022

Totallympics

Road to Helsinki/Tampere

Exhibition Games

April 29th, 2022

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Germany - Slovakia   1-3

Norway - Denmark   0-2

Italy - France   1-0

Road to Helsinki/Tampere

Exhibition Games

April 30th, 2022

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Austria - Finland   2-4*

Czech Republic - Sweden  9-3*

* Matches Played as Czech Hockey Games in Ostrava (CZE)

Norway - Denmark   3-1

Germany - Slovakia   2-3

Switzerland - Latvia   5-2

Slovenia (Division I A) - France  2-0

7 NHLers accepted the invitation from :CZE team staff and will reinforce them at the World Champs. Now, that is what I call some devotion at the end of such looooong and difficult season !  :bowdown:

Coach Kari Jalonen can count on goaltender Karel Vejmelka, defenders Filip Hronek and Radim Šimek and forwards Tomáš Hertl, Jakub Vrána, Dominik Simon and Dmitri Jaškin.

In other hand among the most famous names Jakub Voráček and Dominik Kubalík refused the invitation and will not play at the worlds.

Road to Helsinki/Tampere

Exhibition Games

May 1st, 2022

Sweden - Finland   2-0*

Czech Republic - Austria  4-1*

* Matches Played as Czech Hockey Games in Ostrava (CZE)

Switzerland - Latvia   3-1

15 hours ago, hckošice said:

Looks Tomáš Tatar will be our only NHL reinforcement this time.

Tomáš confirmed that he accepted the invitation yesterday to North-American press :

When asked if he is going to go to the World Championships, he answered in one word: "Yes." :yes He immediately added: "I always had a strong relationship with the national team. I wish our season in New Jersey did not end so soon, but sadly it is how it is, Now, Whenever I am healthy, I come to represent my country and try to help my teammates."  He also added that his body is feeling "great"

In other hand it appears he will be the only one,

National team manager Oto Haščák said after Saturday´s match in Dresden that Marián Studenič, Zdeno Chára and Andrej Sekera all declined the invitation this time for the World Champs, What surprise me is especially Chára, I was sure he would wish to come have one last dance with Slovakia before his retirement, also a bit surprised our coachs did not even bother to call Jaroslav Halák, I mean we have Rybár as first starting goalie, but Halák is still one hell of a fortress between the pipes :mumble:

There still a chance for a name or two from the playoffs. "We will keep an open place for the couple Černák (Tampa Bay) - Fehérváry (Washington DC), at least one of them could help us, if they will be eliminated in the first round" Haščák told TASR.

Fehérváry and Černák would be super good reinforcements, Go Florida and Toronto :p Also we have a enormous lack of centers, and personally I think Adam Ružička from Calgary would be super valuable reinforcement as well, but no words from our staff if they even contacted him, and anyway I have a feeling Calgary is still going far this season so I doubt they will lose to Dallas in the 1st round.

@phelps https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/WzfEtRT/ms-v-hokeji-2022-rtvs-prinesie-na-obrazovky-vsetky-zapasy-chybat-nebude-ani-bohaty-sprievodny-program/

Our national TV revealed today the program for the worlds.

Almost 24 hours per day 2 full weeks of hockey are awaiting us.

All 64 matches will be broadcasted, 32 Live on RTVS:Šport and the other 32 which will be played simultaneously will be on delay right after the live covered match.

All SVK matches will be obviously broadcasted on TV and on national Radio Slovensko 1.

4 Commentators (TV) and 2 (Radio) + 4 experts will cover the games, 3 Reporters will cover the tournament via different reportages. Our TV will have also its own studio at the Helsinki arena.

At the end of every evening session there will be also popular comedy-style TV show around the tournament followed by 30 minutes highlights of all daily matches. Games will be then replayed until the new daymatch begin again interrupted by several documentaries focused on the 20 years anniversary of our world title from 2002 and other cameo fro the previous tournaments etc...