website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted

Twitter has released a statement saying that they have removed some of Trump’s tweets.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted

People in California are fuming about all of this. Many people around here are comparing the police response to today’s event, to the police response to BLM protests over the summer.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
1 minute ago, Agger said:

Georgia has felt the heat as well.

I do believe there was protests outside the Michigan State Capitol as well. I haven’t seen any reports of protestors entering that building though. 

Posted

Someone has absolutely been shot. Video circulating of someone being taken from the building by stretcher, surrounded by first responders.

Posted

@heywoodu Seeing a couple reports of a shooting now. Perhaps confirming what you shared earlier. I still wouldn’t consider this confirmed though, not until more information is available at least.

Posted
6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh my.

I’d be careful sharing Tweets like this. I haven’t seen these allegations confirmed yet, just this one Tweet reporting it. 

ABC shared this image saying that officers have drawn their guns, but no confirmed reports of any shooting yet.

Posted

Just now, heywoodu said:

Wow, this is utterly bizarre. Trump supporters have turned Washington DC into scenes one is more used to seeing in third world country coups. Completely absurd, the Capitol being stormed by these semi-terrorists is one of the most insane things I've seen in quite a while, at least in a (so-called) developed country.

It’s complete fucking chaos right now. 

Posted

Even in California, her home state, support for Pelosi isn’t high. Letting her retain the speakership could prove to be a poor choice for the Democratic Party,

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

My guess would have been C, becuase MechaGodzilla would have been a pain in the ass to edit in and whatnot before the 70s

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I just saw the notification without knowing what's happening here :d

Melli means "national" . the word "team melli" some websites wrongly uses as the nickname simply means the "national team" !

So does the Iranian National Football have a nickname then?

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Pretty sure that’s a level one question for @Vojthas, since that was his main field of study at university.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
3 minutes ago, dcro said:

I guess I can be play expert too in an off case something of my expertise appears. :p

So...horses?

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

What about "hymen"? Or is it "Hi, Men!" maybe? :p

There’s so many Americans who wouldn’t even know what that is. Only 30 states + DC require that Sex Ed be taught, and only 22 of those require that the information presented be factually and medically correct. Plus, 36 states + D.C. allow parents opt-out of their children being taught Sex Ed.