website statistics
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's hilarious :d 

I don’t know if it is…

People keep saying it sounds Arabic, and it’s not like Europeans on the best terms with that region. Europe is a continent defined by cultural homogeneity (whether it be clashes over differences, or bonding over similarities), so it’s not shocking “foreign” sounding entries struggle to garner votes (Albania and Spain as good examples).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Next year just wear a bit less and then maybe it's a win!

:NED just needs to enter Duncan Lawrence to win. The juries will vote for their buddy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023
Posted (edited)

Europeans have garbage taste. My family is convinced xenophobia is responsible for :ESP

Edited by Olympian1010

7 minutes ago, Agger said:

You know, some of us actually think it's the best song :mumble:

Honestly, it’s a fine song. It’s the just embodiment of everything I despise about the entertainment industry 

Posted (edited)

:SWE winning just because she’s a former winner with a large following and industry connections is so annoying. I was more okay with :UKR winning last year. At least I understood that :wacko:

Edited by Olympian1010

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Well, voted in Eurovision for the first time ever. Split my votes between :FRA and :AUT.

Me too!

:ESP - 7

:CZE - 6

:ALB - 5

:FIN - 1

:ISR - 1

:POR:FRA just missed out on votes.

Edited by Olympian1010

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

Will be :ISR phenomenal again? Let's see!

I’d say she did pretty well. Might be able to do well in jury and popular vote.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I genuinely don't get why Albania is dead-last in the odds lists. I mean, sure, I can get why they're not the favourite, but seriously...last?!

It was not staged well in the national final. It was really cleaned up and perfected this week.

:ALB:ESP are my family’s favorites so far. :SWE was a miss for us. 

Edited by Olympian1010

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Apparently :CRO did well during the jury final. They might actually have a chance for the Top3, they will be one of the very few memorable acts in the second half.

Maaaybe a :SWE  :FIN  :ISR  :CRO  :ESP  Top5? 

:ISR was third in the press poll from today, which I was a bit surprised by. It’s been my guilty pleasure entry though, so I’d be fine with that.

I’d prefer :FIN:ESP victory out of those options.

:SWE should be 7-12th in my opinion, but name recognition will help Loreen.

2 minutes ago, Bearas said:

Shock?? They were listed as 6th-8th in all odds by betting companies... 

I saw quite a few polls that had her bottom three. She performed well though, so good for her.