website statistics
Summer World University Games 2021
Posted
25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They already have hosts lined up for 2025, 2027, and 2029.

In general, I watch a lot of the competition, but the time zone was bad for me this time around. 

How??? Who pays for this?

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
On 7/6/2023 at 1:20 PM, intoronto said:

The PAHF competitions committee will decide the 8th team in the men's field hockey competition. 

My guess is they use the WR to determine the 8th spot, which would be :CUB and would also mean the region's top 8 teams qualified.

Nope, :PER will go, who knows why.  

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
34 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Argentina last competed 3 years ago and not have made a comeback.

You mean at pan american level? 

Because Argentina definitely has a 49er FX touring around the world right now.

South American Games 2022
Posted
22 hours ago, LDOG said:

Well, 10 golds in a day is great despite one or two screw ups. 

I'd guess we should win between 5 and 10 more in the last 3 days. There seem to be a lot that will be 50/50 chances, though I have no idea of our level in things like Bochas and Squash (it looks like there was good performance in both today).

Ok, it looks like my prediction will fall short. 6 golds today. I didn't expect this many golds in athletics after years of very poor performances.

Posted

Well, 10 golds in a day is great despite one or two screw ups. 

I'd guess we should win between 5 and 10 more in the last 3 days. There seem to be a lot that will be 50/50 chances, though I have no idea of our level in things like Bochas and Squash (it looks like there was good performance in both today).

Posted

I'd like to think this can't possibly be true but in the women's skeet competition there are only 4 shooters and in 4th place after 75 plates there is bolivian that so far scored... 1 point.  

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Any chances for :SUR ? I'm not seeing it unless they can luck out in wrestling?

Jair Tjon En Fa is not here I guess? He would be a clear medal chance in cycling.

Edit: of course he's not here, track cycling World Championship going on right now...

Edited by LDOG

Posted

Today is one of the days with the most clear gold medal chances for :ARG I believe (probably together with the following day). 

The two "easiest" golds (men's hockey and K1 1000) and quite a few others that will be very contested. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t follow international handball too much outside of various multi-sports games, but the women’s side in South America seems pretty open behind Brazil. :ARG:CHI:PAR:URU all registered relatively close results in games against each other, or at least there didn’t seem to be a more dominant side following Brazil. Any thoughts/analysis from our South American users, or those more knowledgeable on handball? Trying to figure out if :PAR getting the Pan Am quota is a surprise.

We're playing with a B team (no players from european clubs).

CHI/PAR/URU are all around the same level. They seem to beat each other alternatively all the time. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, dcro said:

How good was Paraguay? Any chance they upset Brazil for the Olympic qualification?

Absolutely 0 chance. They beat our team because our team is trash and the girls have negative rugby IQ. 

Posted
54 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Wow :BRA 54-1 :BOL in women’s handball

With Argentina it was 48-1.

I watched a bit of it, even caught their only goal.

They remind me when I played youth school handball and once we had to play a team from upper category who had all +1.85m guys, we lost like 30-1 and I scored the only goal. Never been prouder of myself in sport  :p 

Posted

Well yes, they have two guys that are out of this world for south american level. 

Between them they won the singles, doubles (LW and regular), the 4s and the 8s.  

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
33 minutes ago, intoronto said:

In other news men's softball will not be contested. Wow.

Rowing eights is now a mixed event, with the men's eight and women's lightweight single sculls dropped.

Massive blow to our program, their support depends on performance at PAG.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
26 minutes ago, intoronto said:

For 2027:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1127630/sports-programme-plans-barranquilla-2027

Predicting: Squash, racquetball, bowling and basque pelota out for sure plus one more

Hopefully Karate but water ski is much more likely.  

Roller sports is not leaving for sure and everything else will likely be olympic sport for 2028.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
13 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Exactly, but USA and Canada can still qualify even though they're far ahead of the competition. I guess they want do give opportunities for other South American nations that won't go to the Olympics.

Because it's a Conmebol decision. Concacaf doesn't have to do the same. 

My guess of why they do it: south american women teams have so little continental competition (just a copa america every 4 years lmao) that they don't want to leave so many teams without doing anything for such long period. 

Brazil doesn't need it since they will always play the olympics and world cup. They want to throw a bone to the teams below.

Commonwealth Games 2022
Posted
Just now, Mkbw50 said:

England beat :CAN 11-2 at hockey.

Canada got an extremely unusual red card midway through the match. You only see one every few years at international level.

Commonwealth Games 2022
Posted
1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

They are showing most of :FLK badminton players matches on the TV Court. Not even hiding the fact they are teasing the country which often attempted to prevent Falklanders from competing in Pan Am badminton events :lol: 

They probably have more players than us.

Commonwealth Games 2022
Posted
On 7/4/2022 at 3:03 PM, intoronto said:

Not that they had any medal chances, but Canada is sending a mixed A and B team for the field hockey competitions.

Both teams? The men have literally nothing else to do this year.

Commonwealth Games 2022
Posted
29 minutes ago, Edvid said:

Ah, just beat me to it. :thumbup:

On a separate note :GAB and :TOG joined the Commonwealth last weekend; probably too late for a Games debut in Birmingham but there's plenty of time to organise a team for the following edition in Victoria State.

Gabon has virtually no historical link to the UK unless I'm mistaken. :lol: 

Why would they join the commonwealth? Or is anyone accepted?