website statistics

Warner Bros. Discovery will have the European (and maybe some parts of Asia) broadcast rights for next years' summer anf winter World University Games.

Link:https://www.fisu.net/2024/04/18/fisu-secures-live-coverage-on-eurosport-for-its-flagship-world-university-games/?_thumbnail_id=77328

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 3/28/2024 at 9:30 AM, Olympian1010 said:

The Bolivarian Youth Games are also coming up next month as well. Website: https://www.sucre2024.org/home/

A little bit of news from last night...

As far as I can tell, Jhuskarly Patricia Becerra Montesinos :WHT became the first refugee athlete to win a medal at the (Youth) Bolivarian Games. She'll box for the gold medal later today :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Commonwealth Games 2026
Posted

I do feel bad for athletes from places like :FLK:NFK:TCA:NIU (etc.)

World Games 2025
Posted

:COL:IND:LBN:MAC:MEX:PHI:KOR:ROU:TUN:TKM earned their first quota (or quotas) for the Games.

Wushu (Sanda) quotas now shown on the qualification page: https://www.theworldgames.org/editions/Chengdu-CHN-2025-14/qualifications/by-sport

I'm a little confused how quotas were distributed, given that one women's weightclass has 8 quotas awarded, but another only has 3 quotas awarded :mumble:

African Games 2023
Posted
On 3/22/2024 at 4:10 AM, thepharoah said:

1st medal and 1st gold for South Sudan in Women's Half Marathon by Loliha Atalena :SSD

Found a replay for those interested. 

African Games 2023
Posted

:GHA wins gold in women's football in packed stadium :yes

Bornan and FISU have entered a partnership. The joint press release seems to suggest they'll be handling the upcoming results systems, but it's not super clear in my opinion.

Anyways, Bornan continues to extend their influence in multi-sports games. 

African Games 2023
Posted (edited)

Brume :NGR starts the women's long jump with a 6.92m. I believe that's the first she's jumped past the standard, so that should be a second athlete Nigeria in the event.

Edit: I can't find info on the wind, so mark that one with an asterisk for the time being.

Edited by Olympian1010

African Games 2023
Posted

Women's 20km Race Walk seems a bit cursed this cycle between the lap counting error here and the incorrect measurement at the Pan American Games :mumble:

African Games 2023
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jur said:

They seems to be official cause the winner is receibing his gold medal in the live stream rigth now. But they are weird

They have published an explanation for the women's 20km Race Walk results: https://results.accra2023ag.com/wrs/resAG2023/pdf/AG2023/AT/AG2023_AT_C67 OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION ENG_ATW092101.pdf

African Games 2023
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jur said:

Results in RW are sooooo weird.

Gathimba and Fekansa were all km just one second apart one from the other, but according to results Fekansa had 3 warnings so he had to go 1 minute to the pit stop. But with the kilometre by kilometre results dosnt seem like he did.

They might not be final then, becuase the women's results are also a mess.

African Games 2023
Posted (edited)

Van Dyk :RSA improved the GR in women's javelin by more than two meters (with a mark of 60.80m)

Not every day you see :UGA winning a medal in javelin :yikes:

Edited by Olympian1010

African Games 2023
Posted

Fekansa :ETH beat Gathimba :KEN in the men's 20km Race Walk. Definetly one of the more surprising results in athletics.

African Games 2023
Posted

Tsige Duguma :ETH wins the women's 800m and goes under the Olympic standard :cheer:

Nakaayi :UGA also finishes under the standard, but I believe she already had already done that before.

African Games 2023
Posted

A few NRs in athletics, but no one too close to any of the Olympic standards. I'd be a bit surprised if anyone gets a standard, since it's so early in the season.

African Games 2023
Posted
10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I just hope they keep streaming, since they didn’t really broadcast much internationally over the weekend. 

Whelp, I was let down quickly :(

Pan American Games 2027
Posted
1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Yea their social media accounts from 2019 are still running..

Plus, it does seem like they host regular events at a few of the venues.

African Games 2023
Posted

I just hope they keep streaming, since they didn’t really broadcast much internationally over the weekend. 

Pan American Games 2027
Posted

PanamSports may have wanted Paraguay to keep their focus on the 2025 Junior Pan American Games as well. I can definitely see that being a cosideration at least. 

Pan American Games 2027
Posted

29 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It's a shame we are getting a repeat host so quickly, but they also don't have a lot of time and I believe most of the infrastructure is there in Lima

Lima isn't without risks given the politcal instability of the last few years, but if they have done some upkeep on the venues, you'd hope infrastructure costs will be low.

Also, assuming most of the venues are still viable, it will be interesting to see what they do with the sports program.