website statistics
Canada National Thread
Posted
il y a 15 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

What a race!  It almost looked like De Grasse false started.  ALMOST.  Then he looked out of it.  Wasn't sure if he did it for a bit after the line.  Fantastic!  The future of the 100m.  

It was awesome.  Medal #13 for us, i am very proud of our team so far.:clap:

Canada National Thread
Posted
il y a 38 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Happy for the silver yesterday, but this is the worst result for rowing in 28 years.  Rowing Canada certainly screwed it up good.  

Yes i agree We were used to be better than This.  Very disappointing. 

Canada National Thread
Posted
il y a 14 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

As we saw in London, even when the Chinese do mess up they still get medals.  

I'll admit I don't know much about gymnastics, but in my mind, if you fall, you fail.  Just seems like the favourites do high degree of difficulty, and even if they fall they still end up on top.  I remember Shewfelt in Athens on the vault.  The Romanian guy falls on his 2nd, yet still beats Kyle because his difficulty was higher.  Who cares?  He fell?  Why doesn't everyone just do the hardest routine and land on their head then?  Oh right, it's gymnastics and certain countries will always win.  Same with figure skating (which admittedly, Canada sometimes benefits from (cough cough Chan)).  And don't get me started on the farce that is synchronized swimming.   Sorry, even Phelps and Bolt lose races sometimes.  The same three countries finishing 1-2-3 for over a decade is ridiculous.  

I don't even watch synchronized swimming anymore.  The results are fixed in advance.

Canada National Thread
Posted
Juste maintenant , orangeman a déclaré:

There were three close calls on crucial points, all went to Spain.  There were no replays so I'm not sure if they were the wrong calls, but one of them was obviously wrong and it was right in front of the ump.  Nestor really wasn't happy.  

I can't blame him.  Well as Canadians We are used to It unfortunately.:(

Canada National Thread
Posted
il y a 3 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Well, our guys will go for bronze tomorrow.  Some very 'interesting' calls on the court unfortunately.  I'm getting pretty sick of Canada being the nice guys always screwed over by the officials because they can.  Oh well.  

Also, our lady cyclists looked really discombobulated today.  

What does that mean?

Canada National Thread
Posted
il y a 55 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

I mean, okay fine.  They guy is a great swimmer.  But he also happened to be born with the perfect form for it, into a family that could afford to let him swim, in the country with the best swimming program, in an event that awards multiple medals for basically the same thing, with teammates that could get relay golds without him.  There are much better stories out there than, "Rich white guy wins multiple medals for rich country, again".  These are the Olympics, guys.  There's dozens of great stories being made every day.  

Amazing post.

So true.  I am watching Clara Hugues on TV right now.  She is a real champion in my eyes, because i don't think that Phelps would have been able to won medals in cycling or speed skating.  Just saying.

Canada National Thread
Posted
il y a 10 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Wake up, turn on CBC, immediately hear Ron McLean say, "We'll check in with you in a minute for the Michael Phelps story!"  

SERIOUSLY?  Seek professional help.  

I turned off the TV.  They don't have anything to show This morning because of the rowing postponed event again.

i will watch later.  When the heats for the swimming Will start.  

I am bored of all this The great Michael Phelps talk.

Enough 

Canada National Thread
Posted
il y a 10 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

The CBC should be renamed the MPN.  The Michael Phelps Network.  Seriously, I get it.  Enough.  

I agree this is getting ridiculous.  The great Michael Phelps.  Is the USA paying the other networks to talk about him lol 

Canada National Thread
Posted
il y a 1 minute, orangeman a déclaré:

Tied for third, too (with the fastest guy in the world this year).  Too bad Arian wasn't 0.01 slower this morning, he would have missed the semis.  haha.  

Yes our loss lol

But We saw that he's not unbeatable so It looks good.

Wow i can't believe the progression We made in swimming in comparison with London and Beijing 

it's amazing