website statistics
11 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Why, is Vlachos going to leave? That would be such a shame, I really like him and believe in him. I only disagree with his decisions to not bring Nikolaidis to some tournaments but he is still young and I think soon he will join the team. I know there was also some controversy about dropping Gounas from the team this year but with Olympic and World League medals, I think Vlachos gets a pass from criticism.

The new president of the federation (used to be a teammate of Vlachos) said that there is an issue for national coaches that coach clubs. I think all the minor national teams (with many medals) changed their coaches for that reason and since Vlachos is coaching Olympiakos there is a problem. I hear that there is a huge proposal from the national federation to Vlachos to renew, but only if he decides to leave Olympiakos

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

Congratulations to Serbia on another gold medal.

I am proud of our team. I think we had some chances to win gold. We conceded two penalties and had a low % conversion with the exclusions and missed some opportunities, but it's okay. Silver is still a great result for our team and I think this can be the start of many medals for Greece because our team is so young compared with other big teams.

For example our oldest player (Fountoulis) is 33. Serbia has 7 players older than him. Serbia's youngest player (Jaksic) is 24. We have 4 players younger than him. Hungary and Croatia for example also have very old teams compared with Greece. I am optimistic about the future :d

Let's wait to see what will happen with the coach first

Greece faces serious troubles with bushfires, last night was horrible. Greek captain Fountoulis, in his post-game interview said:
"I want to say sorry (to apologise) to all Greeks for our joy"

I think it is one of the best comments ever said after such a historic moment during such a disastrous situation.