website statistics
56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

WTF Arjan Knipping, 2nd place in the 400m IM and destroyed Marcel Wouda's 22 year old NR (which he tied in April already) :hyper:

Also, triple reigning European champion David Verraszto and reigning champion Chase Kalisz are out :yikes: 

Dávid usually fails only at the Olympics, now it happened to him at the WC too... I don't know what's up with this guy.

38 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

There is only one thing he can do: Focus on the 200 fly and try to win bronze in 2020.

No way he would have a chance next to Kenderesi... Kenderesi had quite an unlucky WC... A swim-off, a knee injury, coming back to Hungary a surgery is waiting for him, then Milák destroying Phelps record must have been demoralizing for him.

Cseh Laci will go down in the history books as forever 2nd behind Phelps. Poor thing. :(

9 minutes ago, George_D said:

Impressive championship for Hungary. They have only golds till now! 

4 individual golds from 4 athletes. Only 1 out of these is Hosszú... :p Last time we had such a good WC was back in 1991. Very good, but I'm more happy for so many finalists and relay quotas. Quite unusual for Hungary standards.

9 minutes ago, Vektor said:

What an unexpected gold from Kapás! I still think that the gold in Tokyo is unlikely (I mean, her time wouldn't have been enough for the Top4 two years ago in Budapest), but I hope that she will improve and get a medal next year. 

She really needs to focus on the 200 fly from now on... She won't have a chance against a healthy Ledecky, she got a bronze already, let's go for that fly medal. She has a chance but needs to improve the time.