website statistics
Handball 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted

I watched some goals and I'm pretty sure the bolivian players don't have anyone above 170cm in the team. 

And since this is a round robin they still have to play Brazil...

Btw there was a big upset, Uruguay defeated Chile! Both will likely qualify anyway.

Men's Handball EHF European Championship 2020
Posted (edited)

Portugal chances for OQT:

-If Iceland beats Sweden, they will have to beat Hungary by 5 goals.

-If Sweden beats Iceland, they simply have to beat Hungary by any margin.

*important to note that Iceland-Sweden will be the last match, so Portugal has no option but try to beat Hungary by the biggest score possible. They won't be able to "defend" a 1-4 goal lead during the game.

Edited by LDOG

hace 5 minutos, Vektor dijo:

Well, Portugal and Iceland still have a chance for the OQT thanks to Sweden. 

Iceland has no chance if I'm not mistaken, their fate was sealed when they lost to Hungary by a good margin. Portugal will always be higher than them in head to head goal difference even if they beat Hungary by just one goal.

I just noticed that North America has only one place for Wch, while South America has 4. I'm absolutely sure Cuba, Greenland and USA are all stronger than the 4th team from South America, let alone Gabon or Cabo Verde (one will qualify). Also Iran/Korea are much stronger than anyone in Africa below the 4 semifinalists.

Ridiculous.... 

It's unbelievable that they didn't plan a 7th place game. 

Spain-Croatia-Germany are getting 1-2-3 for sure. The other 3 teams are too weak. 

I think Slovenia will be in semis, then maybe Hungary or Portugal will decide 7th place on points/GD against... Austria?

hace 1 hora, Monzanator dijo:

I have no idea what are you talking about. Then again, Americans don't follow handball much so that figures :p

It's a joke about "Groot" a character from the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

He's a kid, let him be...

hace 2 minutos, Vojthas dijo:

If someone outside of Worlds TOP 7 wins the Europeans, this team will be Spain, while Egypt and Brazil take the places for their continents.

Brazil would be out in that case, they were 3rd in pan am games and there is no 2nd quota for american teams in OQT.

Handball 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted

IHF president is egyptian, no surprise.

America is unbalanced because outside ARG, BRA & CHI the rest of the southern nations are simply terrible. From the north Greenland and Cuba are very decent and clearly the 4th and 5th strongest teams in the region. And even if Cuba drops out like almost always, USA, MEX and DOM are still better than Uruguay or whoever is 4th in the south.

hace 2 minutos, dcro said:

Again the formula with easiest group for 2nd/7th team, lol.

Hungary will probably become "7th" and then qualify through the easiest group. What a lucky break for them.

I remember everyone here saying the same about Macedonia before Rio and they lost to Tunisia. I see no reason why our team couldn't beat them when we tied them here without our two best players. Much less Brazil if they were to play.