website statistics
7 hours ago, hckošice said:

At the end not many surprises apart :ARG missing a Men quota (especially Rossi failing to qualify was the biggest surprise for me)

Canada qualifying in both Canoe is also quite surprising, but, yeah good for them. USA failed to qualify in M K1 is not very expected neither, but :BRA was slightly bigger favorite here (however I expected Desnos to make it)

Bit heartbreaking from his instagram

I wonder if he will try a (very difficult) quota on Prague

Capture d’écran 2024-03-14 à 23.17.54.png

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

I think what @hckošiceis saying is that this is by athlete. If the same Canadian athletes won quotas in K1 their quota can count in C1, however a different Canadian athlete can qualify a spot in K1. 

yeah, but on the continental championships, each NOC can only win 1 quota per gender.

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

It is only for the specific athlete. Trust me, our federation was already explaining this new rule at the European Games. One athlete can win only 1 quota and he can not select which event he want, this time it is automatically the first event he earned the quota (here the Canoe events are contested first - so it will be Canoe)

But if another athlete from Canada wins the K1, could Canada choose K1 and then the C1 quota would go to Argentina?

Edited by Pasolini

Rio times

10h00 1st run C1 men and women (junior, u23 and senior)

11h15 2nd run C1 men and women (junior, u23 and senior)

13h30 1st run K1 men and women (junior, u23 and senior)

15h15 2nd run  K1 men and women (junior, u23 and senior)

They are doing a live broadcast here but comes and goes without audio

Ana Sátila, from Brazil, will compete in all 3 slalom events.

This means that Brazil will decline Omira's quota on K1 when the time comes.

The quota would go to Kate Eckhardt, from Australia, but probably it will not accept as well (as Jessica Fox probably will compete in all of them as well).

Then, if I'm not mistaken the quota would go to Carole Bouzidi:ALG

I'm bit unsure on what would happen if she gets a quota on the African Olympic Qualifier.

If the reallocation would continue through the Worlds (Laura Pellicer Chica:AND) or the African, as the World Championships has priority

So, I have put my Japanese to test and all good now. Here is the link with all results. 

Results for MC1 - HANEDA Takuya (JPN), gold 
Results for MK1 - WU Shao-Hsuan (TPE), 4th place as Japan and China had quotas.
Results for WC1 - HUANG Juan (CHN), gold
Results for WK1 - CHANG Chu-Han (TPE), bronze as China had already a quota at the event and Japan a quota at the discipline

Edited by Mateus Nagime