website statistics
Athletics WA World Championships 2023
Posted

Canada also finished 4th in this relay in Tokyo. Not that you would know it from the announcers (English).  They refused to mention them at all, even after they qualified second.  Strange.  

Anyway, great finish by Bol, great effort by Canada.  

Athletics WA World Championships 2023
Posted
5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yup, they literally had a message up yesterday I think that yes, our website is down and will be down until (insert time), we are doing everything we can so you could follow the championships and that's why live results are up, or something along those lines. 

Pretty ridiculous.  

Just now, james89 said:

This is typical Canadian luck. Not only a 4th place, but losing out a medal to the countback....

I know this is not true on paper but it feels like the Netherlands does well in every sport. 

I'd love to feel surprised right now, but I'm just numb.  

47 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think Maloney has it and Lepage will finish fourth

Lepage's PBs on javelin and 1500 are better than Maloney and would cover the gap, but we'll see what happens.  Obviously Mayer's PBs are much better than both of them, but he's not performing at his peak.  He's still so close it'd be a surprise if he doesn't pass both of them.  

Edit: Forgot about Scantling.  He's got a much better javelin PB, but it's from 5 years ago.  If he got up there it'd put him in the conversation, but his 1500 is slower, too.