website statistics
1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

To begin with we could scroll down all the pages in this thread and make the Q lists event by event.

Maybe when the Diamond League ends or sth...

You mean we need something like this? ⬇️

https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-by-sport/athletics/qualification-tracker-r1263/

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Can someone confirm in the universality quotas when they say "best ranked athlete" they mean based on the world rankings? If so, then we have a problem as the following nations currently do not have an athlete with a world ranking in any of the eligible events.

:AFG:ASA:BHU:CAF:GUI:MAD:MAW:MHL:MTN:MOZ:NCA:PLW:SEY:TLS:TUV:VAN:YEM

To be fair, Bhutan and Vanuatu didn't participate in athletics in 2016, but for Mauritania and Tuvalu it was the only sport they competed in. Of course there is still lots of time for athletes in the above countries to get a world ranking

This might not be a huge problem as 5/17 of these nations are already qualified and everyone except Tuvalu can participate in swimming. Also worst case scenario, I imagine the IOC will just give a quota rather than have a nation not compete.

I think the IOC and WA didn't give much thought to this, because they know they can invite to compete whoever they want. If a nation doesn't have an athlete in the World Rankings, they can just invite the best athlete from the National Federation and that's it. Maybe this "best ranked athlete" is just a loophole in the rules that allows them some space for this kind of interpretations.

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

I do not know how to calculate the athletics quotas for the 2020 Olympics!

My suggestion: count them. If a country has more than 3 athletes in event, count them as 3. If 1 athlete achieves standard in more than 1 event, you count him/ her as 1 quota (unless the standard is achieved in event that already has more than 3 athletes with standard)