Total duration: 2 hours, 39 minutes and 4 seconds

Average duration: 4 minutes and 4 seconds

Longest video: Hungary - 6 minutes and 19 seconds

Shortest video: New Zealand - 2 minutes and 6 seconds

Most views: France - 423,688,330 views

Least views: Greece - 1,650 views

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Still can’t believe we won’t have :FIN:GER:TUR:SLO entries this year :yikes:

Hm, for some reason Germany always skips the Open contest. The last time they participated in an Open contest was in 2015 (and they only skipped the Annual contest once, in 2016). 

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

With just over 5 days to go for the end of registrations, have made the decision of song, will post it soon.

It will be a rather different song compared to what India has usually  entered. 

But I have a doubt. The song is very old and hence can I use a newer video while the singer isn't changed at all ,in fact it's not that he sang it again only background video is changed. 

I am pretty sure the release date of the background video doesn't matter if the audio is old. We are voting for the songs/recordings, not the videos, which are just a "bonus" because we are using YouTube and not, for example, Spotify. 

Edited by Vektor

Let me tell you, there were a LOT of songs to choose from. I was debating whether I should submit a popular radio hit or something more obscure which represents my personal taste (for example, some alternative rock or electronic music). In the end I have decided to choose nether of those things, because this is the "return of Hungary" after a long break, and for this special occasion it felt more appropriate to me to send a respected Hungarian folk singer whose work is also accessible to listeners who aren't fans of folk music. So, without further ado, let me present to you the Hungarian entry...

:HUN  Bea Palya - "Szabadon"  :HUN 

English translation of the lyrics: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/szabadon-freely.html

Posted (edited)

The rules don't say anything about this, but I think it would be weird if we would say that the artists who have "featuring" credit also represent more than 50% of the act. The use of the "featuring" credit instead of an "and" suggests that it's Sasha Lopez's song and not a completely equal collaboration between the artists. 

I mean, for example, let's say Desert Rose has two featured Algerian artists instead of one. Would that truly make it a 33% British production when it was released and promoted as a Sting single? 

Edited by Vektor

Posted (edited)

I guess I am eligible for this, so I will represent :HUN (with maybe some other Hungarian users if they also wish to participate). 

I do have to look it up if we have already sent something previously, I don't want to send the same song again. 

Edited by Vektor