website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

10 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I think it would be better if we posted our teams here on the forum instead of in the spreadsheet. Just while posting my team was deleted twice, most likely by mistake by someone. But, nevertheless it could be problematic. We can have that spreadsheet till 30 and then all of us have to make final prediction on the forum

Mine also got deleted twice.

14 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Badminton

Indian shuttlers Ajay Jayaram and B Sai Praneeth advanced to the semifinals of the Canada Open Grand Prix badminton tournament after notching up contrasting victories in the men's singles competition

Manu and Sumeeth also reach the semis in mens doubles ...............

sadly Jwala and ashwini gave a walkover and so did manu and ashiwini ................. I feel ashwini may be injured slightly .............. ?

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 minute ago, Prashanth said:

AFI Facebook page says.4x400m Men have moved into 16th place from 21st place...

??? ................. seems unlikely if they hit that specific speed mentioned ...... I think it is typo ( I think they meant 17th )  unless the speed given is wrong 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

6 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Hope SriLanka come again for Indian Grand Prix to help India get to Rio in 4x400m men's relay..

I hope they will ................

1 hour ago, kapil857 said:

Damn this boxing qualifying tournament in Vargas is a joke. :facepalm:

There are a total of just 79 boxers across the 10 weight categories. Most categories have just 6-7 boxers and 3 of them will get quotas !!!

The 49 kg event has just 7 boxers and 3 of them will get quotas. On the other hand, the prev qual tournament where Devendro was robbed had around 30 boxers and just 2 quotas. Currently, 1 guy will get a bye into the semi and he has to just win either his semi final or the quota box-off, i.e., he has to win just 1 out of 2 matches, to qualify !!! 

LOL I'm so happy to see this. Bye bye AIBA:p *bitch mode on*

55 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Mine also got deleted twice.

Not sure why this is happening but something definitely went wrong today. It seems like the sheet somehow reverted to an older version.

In any case, the advantage of using a sheet is that everyone can see everyone else's teams and we cab change our teams as many times as we like. i think its a good idea to continue with the sheet till 30th and we can then post our final teams here if required...of course if anyone has a better idea, plz suggest...