website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 13

4 minutes ago, KingKunta said:

I don’t really care what the general public think. We’ve hit the lower end of the medal target UK Sport set 

Yes it doesn’t help that Kenny predicted 8 golds but anybody who watches track cycling on a regular basis knows it was an extreme prediction. 

Insane is the word I'd use.

Shame for Ethan. Think his legs might be have been okay, but think his race smarts are rusty - he kept missing the important moves.

Did they give sport by sport medal targets for these games?

Hard to think of any which have really exceeded expectations, potentially shooting or diving

1 minute ago, TeamGB said:

Hard to think of any which have really exceeded expectations, potentially shooting or diving

I wouldn't say diving anymore, just shooting

4 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

They haven't got official targets but the sports and UK Sport have apparently discussed them - apparently each sport has outlined their own internal targets, per this article - https://www.skysports.com/olympics/news/15234/13175218/paris-2024-olympics-uk-sport-expects-team-gb-to-win-at-least-50-medals-and-top-five-finish-in-medal-table

For the second Games running, UK Sport is not making public medal target for each individual sport. Up to Rio 2016 every sport that Team GB competed in was set its own medal target, but it's felt that doing so would place undue pressure on the athletes. UK Sport did confirm that privately each sport has set its own internal targets for Paris 2024.

Edited by Epic Failure

3 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

I'd add canoe for sure

2 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

I'd add canoe for sure

We had world number 1 in both kayak cross, Franklin and Clarke were probably expected to win medals and didn't in the slalom

Just now, Jambo said:

We had world number 1 in both kayak cross, Franklin and Clarke were probably expected to win medals and didn't in the slalom

4 medals from 6 events, two of them being a clown show, will be a higher total than what they aimed for. If based on everything else they wont have been given a gold medal target, so yeah i'd say they over performed

So, today's results mean we've equalled the total number of medals from Beijing, and passed their total top 8 finishes by my (very amateur) calculations.

Still got around 25 medal shots of varying degrees of likelihood left.