website statistics

Wimbledon 2024

2 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

British qualifier Sonny Kortal has eliminated a seed, through to round 2!

Kartal* knocking out Cirstea is a little bit of a surprise although she comprehensively beat Andreeva in qualifying who won today as a lucky loser to frank the form a little.

has Burel in R2 which gives her chances to progress.

Emma was very good today. Much stronger in the calm conditions, ground strokes were hard and flat…

The draw looks pretty wide open on her side 

A couple of surprising results over the last few days. I really didn't think that Dart would be able to trouble Katie Boulter given the form that she's be in this grass court season. Unfortunately I think Dart's run will likely come to an end in the next round.

Biggest surprise was Cam Norrie finally getting his s**t together this season to beat Jack Draper. I had expected Draper to make a deep run into the draw and I definitely think he'll view it as a missed opportunity.

Good to see Raducanu back to the kind of form that took her to the US Open title. The draw to the semi-final has really opened up for her. With her results so far this week, she should be back inside the top 100 and if she can win her next match (against a qualifier from New Zealand) she'll be knocking on the top 60.

There's always 1 British player who has a bit of a breakout tournament and this year that honour goes to Sonay Kartal. OK she was steamrollered in the 2nd set against Gauff, but she was able to hold her own in the first set.