website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

George_D

1 minute ago, Biathlonfan said:

watched two player interwiews,both seem to be washing their hands and saying that ''the new generation is coming'' so yeah ,what i said is confirmed,it's gonna take time,odds of the normal basketball team to be at la is very low. 

In Italy many veterans will also leave apart from Fontecchio. In retrospect: from the beginning of the 21st century we had the greatest successes with players from clubs only for Europe: 2003/2004 (then we had no one from the NBA) and our golden generation on paper: Bargnani-Belinelli- Gallinari- Datome- Hackett etc ( 4 of them played in the NBA) were not able to even win bronze at the European Championships 2013/2015/2017 and didn`t advance to the Olympic Games in 2016, even though we had a qualifying tournament at home. We played at the Olympic Games only in 2021 but Gallinari didn`t take part in the qualifications and only played at the Olympic Games. I also understand you a little. Good atatistics in the NBA don`t always translate into good play in the national team.

3 minutes ago, copravolley said:

In Italy many veterans will also leave apart from Fontecchio. In retrospect: from the beginning of the 21st century we had the greatest successes with players from clubs only for Europe: 2003/2004 (then we had no one from the NBA) and our golden generation on paper: Bargnani-Belinelli- Gallinari- Datome- Hackett etc ( 4 of them played in the NBA) were not able to even win bronze at the European Championships 2013/2015/2017 and didn`t advance to the Olympic Games in 2016, even though we had a qualifying tournament at home. We played at the Olympic Games only in 2021 but Gallinari didn`t take part in the qualifications and only played at the Olympic Games. I also understand you a little. Good atatistics in the NBA don`t always translate into good play in the national team.

No they really don't.And the other Nba star couldn't be here this time around.you guys won olympic basketball medals more recently than we have,our last were in 2000,who knows how long we will wait till we win olympic medals again...  

4 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

No they really don't.And the other Nba star couldn't be here this time around.you guys won olympic basketball medals more recently than we have,our last were in 2000,who knows how long we will wait till we win olympic medals again...  

2004, so 20 years ago, although objectively we shouldn`t have won this medal under any circumstances on paper but when we had the best players in history and 4 from the NBA, we didn`t even advance to the 2016 Olympics. Life is very twisted sometimes...

4 minutes ago, copravolley said:

2004, so 20 years ago, although objectively we shouldn`t have won this medal under any circumstances on paper but when we had the best players in history and 4 from the NBA, we didn`t even advance to the 2016 Olympics. Life is very twisted sometimes...

This is now officially a swimming and athletics[discus] nation.basketball here has suffered a death punch tonight/

This is now officially a swimming and athletics[discus] nation.basketball here has suffered a death punch tonight/

I followed the results of the European Junior Championships in swimming in Vilnius and Lithuania started very well but these are young people for the future. For now, you still have the great Meilutytye in the breastroke style: our Pilato has no chance against her in the 100 meters.

2 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I followed the results of the European Junior Championships in swimming in Vilnius and Lithuania started very well but these are young people for the future. For now, you still have the great Meilutytye in the breastroke style: our Pilato has no chance against her in the 100 meters.

Rūta seemed to be sick at that Italian comp,hopefully she's gonna be alright and fully ready for Paris.We have Danas rapšys too from the current ones,yeah maybe he's an outside chance for a medal at the 200 freestyle but i honestly think it's possible.

Rūta seemed to be sick at that Italian comp,hopefully she's gonna be alright and fully ready for Paris.We have Danas rapšys too from the current ones,yeah maybe he's an outside chance for a medal at the 200 freestyle but i honestly think it's possible.

The level of swimming has improved significantly since Tokyo: mainly due to the increase in the level of China, as well as Australia + traditionally the USA. If it weren't for Russia, the level would be astronomical.

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

The level of swimming has improved significantly since Tokyo: mainly due to the increase in the level of China, as well as Australia + traditionally the USA. If it weren't for Russia, the level would be astronomical.

i mean even Russia has that 200 meter breastroke female world record holder.

2 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

i mean even Russia has that 200 meter breastroke female world record holder.

I meant that if there was Russia, the level would be extremely high. Its absence is somewhat offset by China's rapid growth in last years. The Chinese woman has the best time in the 100 breaststroke this year: she will a danger oponent for Ruta and Beny Pilato.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I meant that if there was Russia, the level would be extremely high. Its absence is somewhat offset by China's rapid growth in last years. The Chinese woman has the best time in the 100 breaststroke this year: she will a danger oponent for Ruta and Beny Pilato.

Yeah,i was confused by what you wanted to say.Yeah China is coming,despite the controversy,i'm just happy that as i understand sun yang or whoever was that Chinese swimmer who smashed  his doping test won't be at paris.

Edited by Biathlonfan