website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

George_D

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

we hosted the tournament last time,we lost in the final too.so i doubt that would of made a diffrence.And what's the issue ? simple,these ''I'm drowning in money look at where i play '' basketball players'' do not actually give one fuck about their nation when it comes down to crunch time,they just care about there contratcs,there's always a boatload of excuses as to why they can't perform,and there allowed to get away with it,because people who talk about basketball cannot be  bothered to criticize millionares.No one here will accept the small population arguement,they simply won't.Latvians also played in their own arena this year,didn't bring thrm the ticket. 

Despite everything in 2021 Lithuania was more strong opponent - Slovenia with Doncic, which is later was placed in 4th place at the Olympic Games. Latvia, on the other hand, could never even compare to Lithuania's training system, traditions and talent pool of players. Latvia is, above all, ice hockey.

Edited by copravolley

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Despite everything in 2021 Lithuania is more strong its opponent - Slovenia with Doncic, which is later was placed in 4th place at the Olympic Games. Latvia, on the other hand, could never even compare to Lithuania's training system, traditions and talent pool of players. Latvia is, above all, ice hockey.

Absolutely debatable whether it was stronger,and what does it matter if it was ? they lost  to them anyway. and it doesn't matter that Latvia can't compare on those things,[i'm actually confident the training system there is if not about the same than slightly better than here at the moment]they are right now much better in basketball than we are,this team would have lost horribly to them.It already happened at the world championships last year. 

Edited by Biathlonfan

7 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Baseball is indeed the most popular sport in Puerto Rico.

In 2014 we lost to Puerto Rico at the Volleyball World Championships, so they were also good at this sport. I remember it well, because in 2014 we lost at the FIFA World Cup against Costa Rica and at the Volleyball World Champ. against Puerto Rico and it was often mentioned as the decline of our team sports :P

15 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Yes, but basketball in Lithuania is the national sport and in Puerto Rico apparently the most popular sport is baseball - someone wrote on an Italian forum yesterday. I don't know if it's true because I'm not very familiar with the realities of this country.

That's an interesting topic.  I would put it like this: In Puerto Rico, people in general are more passionate about basketball, than baseball.  But our baseball team is more talented than our basketball team.

1 minute ago, Biathlonfan said:

Absolutely debatable whether it was stronger.and it  doesn't matter that Latvia couldn't compare onthose things,[i'm actually confident the training system there is if not about the same than slightly better than here]they are right now much better in basketball than we are,this team would have lost horribly to them.It already happened at the world championships last year. 

The fact that someone has won against someone once or even advanced to the Olympics, e.g. the Czech Republic in 2021, doesn`t mean anything. If anything, it can be said that Germany has made huge progress in recent years and it has been for a longer period of time, not just 1-2 events.

2 minutes ago, Rad said:

That's an interesting topic.  I would put it like this: In Puerto Rico, people in general are more passionate about basketball, than baseball.  But our baseball team is more talented than our basketball team.

Volleyball?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The fact that someone has won against someone once or even advanced to the Olympics, e.g. the Czech Republic in 2021, doesn`t mean anything. If anything, it can be said that Germany has made huge progress in recent years and it has been for a longer period of time, not just 1-2 events.

they won against us more times in recent years than that.look right now how other teams are don't matter to me,i have eyes,i used it to watch the match,it was from Lithuania's side,a steaming pile of garbage.Consequencies have to happen.These people are not gods,i had enough of seeing other athletes from here curse themselves,be emotional or cry when they can't perform to their best at the olympics because of circumstances out of there control and get eaten alive by ''fans'' but these people can not give 110 percent of themselves when there perfectly fine and get away with lackluster performances because their from the ''second religion sport'' no more,that privilege has ended tonight.

Edited by Biathlonfan

2 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Volleyball?

Volleyball we are decent.  Good enough to upset good teams from time to time, but not good enough to qualify to the Olympics in a consistent matter.  If we are talking about Women's Volleyball, then our neighbors, the Dominican Republic, have been superior to us during the last decade or two.

Just now, Rad said:

Volleyball we are decent.  Good enough to upset good teams from time to time, but not good enough to qualify to the Olympics in a consistent matter.  If we are talking about Women's Volleyball, then our neighbors, the Dominican Republic, have been superior to us during the last decade or two.

Yes. I have always been struck by the contrast between the Dominican Republic and Haiti - both countries are located on the same island but the first one is quite stable and rich, while the second is almost bankrupt. I`m always interested in such phenomena and their causes.

Posted (edited)

watched two player interwiews,both seem to be washing their hands and saying that ''the new generation is coming'' so yeah ,what i said is confirmed,it's gonna take time,odds of the normal basketball team to be at la is very low. 

Edited by Biathlonfan