website statistics
  • Latest Posts around Totallympics

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-15560431 I can find a shark in my hometown...
    • I agree on that   but my anger was about another issue concerning the senseless words of our "beloved" troll, I'm not speaking in defence of Sinner and his crew (and actually I'm surprised that NADO Italia haven't started head down to try and getting him banned yet, as they're always in search of publicity and this case would be a special chance for them)
    • actually, there are sharks in the Mediterranean Sea also 
    • Handball should definitely the sport where USA don't get a free quota, but IIHF has a very accomodating policy   they gave them the free quotas in 1996 and most likely they will do it again in 2028   Field Hockey is OK among the women, we'll see how they are going to manage the men's team, but they found the way to let Japan (and French women) play the home Olympics recently, so I guess they won't raise the bar too much also for the US team in 2028   on the other hand, I'm really curious to see what IOC is gonna do with Cricket...a 6-team only tournament would be a farce and I don't think the USA should get a free quota, despite the very impressive T20 world cup they played a few weeks ago
    • From an IOC point of view, they've long wanted certain huge sports in - consider how much ticket revenue comes from football, in particular. Seen at its best, getting major eyeball sports in creates more revenue for all the sports, including the not so many eyeball ones. That's why IOC buckled to allow in pro athletes in cycling, it's why they brought in tennis, and badminton (very big in some parts of Asia). It's why they were so keen to get Golf and baseball in when golf and baseball themselves didn't seem bothered, and they've long wanted cricket in, and some sports with an X games quality. But Cricket was the big win, after golf, the key to an entire subcontinent. Lacross sixes and flag football os a small price to pay as a one off for that, and LA were happy to pay it.
    • I would still have a problem with Sinner's team being reckless and stupid enough to use anything with Clostebol as an ingredient. They should be much better than that.
    • On the topic of broadcasting, here's the list of rights holders put together by the IPC: https://www.paralympic.org/paris-2024/news/where-to-watch
    • if it's not the strictest, surely it's in the top 3
    • Clostebol is one of the ingredients of the Trofodermin cream, which is the most used cream for skin troubles (cuts, burns, dermatitis and more) here in Italy   and you only need a simple prescription to buy it...so, even if there's written on the box that it's doping, it might easily be used by people who don't have to respect any doping rule, but they might end up contaminating people who should pay more attention to that   that said, I think there's a problem with that cream, as perfectly explained by this article   https://honestsport.substack.com/p/italys-clostebol-doping-crisis-across?sort=top   already posted by our friend @De_Gambassi earlier in this same thread
    • Italy is probably the strictest nation on the planet when it comes to doping.