website statistics

Athletics WA Indoor World Championships 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Makedonas said:

It's gotten to the point where I don't even celebrate Tentoglou's gold medals anymore, it's just become the norm :d

Like Max Verstappen in Formula 1: I can not describe how epic of a moment in Dutch sports history it was when he first won a race, that was batshit crazy and even football fans in a top level match were chanting his name all of a sudden during a match when his win became known there. Now it's just normal and it is either normal (when he wins) or disappointing (when he doesn't) :p 

Dominance in any sport sucks :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Like Max Verstappen in Formula 1: I can not describe how epic of a moment in Dutch sports history it was when he first won a race, that was batshit crazy and even football fans in a top level match were chanting his name all of a sudden during a match when his win became known there. Now it's just normal and it is either normal (when he wins) or disappointing (when he doesn't) :p 

Dominance in any sport sucks :d 

I remember watching Tentoglou win gold as a young athlete, 20 years old, at the 2018 European Championships and the 2019 European Indoor Championships with such excitement. Now we expect the gold and anything less is a massive disappointment :d

I've noticed this with many other sports/athletes who I support, it's more fun watching them rise, once they get to the top it's not as interesting.

3 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

I remember watching Tentoglou win gold as a young athlete, 20 years old, at the 2018 European Championships and the 2019 European Indoor Championships with such excitement. Now we expect the gold and anything less is a massive disappointment :d

I've noticed this with many other sports/athletes who I support, it's more fun watching them rise, once they get to the top it's not as interesting.

hmmmmm,i wonder in the event of Ceh declining and Alekna fully taking over,will i feel the same way ?

Edited by Biathlonfan

4 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

hmmmmm,i wonder in the event of Ceh declining and Alekna fully taking over,will i feel the same way ?

If at some point he wins everything, and silver is an actual disappointment...yeah :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

TV directors apparently forgot the existence of field events, as per usual.