website statistics
  • Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Anyone care to think with me here? I'm lost as to how the supersprint qualifying works. Junior men have finished, it consisted of four heats. A total of 30 athletes qualified for the final, the start list of which can be found here: C51D2_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   Since it's very unclear exactly who qualified (not the 30 fastest overall and also not the top-X per heat), I looked at exactly who is on the start list out of which heat.   Here we have heat 1's result, top-9 is in the start list for the final: C73E_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   Heat 2, top-8 is on the final's start list: C73E_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   Heat 3, top-8 as well: C73E_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   And finally heat 4, the top-6 of which is on the start list for the final: C73E_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   Now, besides the question of how one qualifies, another question has been raised: there are 30 athletes on the final start list, bibs 1 through 30. However, 9 + 8 + 8 + 6 is.....31? But I checked every single one of these athletes, all 31 are on the start list, but the start list contains only 30 names. What black magic is this?!
    • Penny Oleksiak's mother was Scottish. I feel like GB missed out there... 
    • If you can access any of their platforms Channel 4 are covering it daily continuously from 8am to 1130pm UK time. Full details are provided here.   https://paralympics.org.uk/articles/where-to-watch-the-paris-2024-paralympic-games
    • I seem to recall watching some of the road racing at London because it was actually relatively easy for the broadcaster to cover as it all took place on the motor racing circuit at Brands Hatch.   We've subsequently had coverage of the road racing at more recent Games. Certainly in Tokyo where some of the events took place in absolutely torrential rain. 
    • At junior pan pacs, 15 year old  Rylee Erisman swam 53.76 in the women's 100m freestyle 
    • Important distinction indeed: he's definitely not retiring from boxing, but going to focus on the big version of the sport now.
    • Where would one go about watching this? Only FIVB's own pay channel?   Edit: apparently Viaplay has the rights here. We have that     Although I see there's almost literally under 10 people in the stands...quite a different feeling than the beach volleyball of last week and the weeks before  
    • Keely Hodgkinson announces she's picked up a training injury so is ending her year.    Too bad, she was gearing up for an on Kratochvilova's WR in Zurich which lots of people thought might be within range.  
    • Makes a change for our usual tour of Belgian Lidls.
    • Elite 16 is back in action, as Hamburg hosts the current stop!  (first match ended just now)   Bit of a watered down field with the Olympics having just finished, but there’s still some quality teams.