website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Indoor Tour 2022 (RIG Games)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Nastiest first career NHL goal, damn Celebrini     
    • 0-0 in Tashkent is not a bad result considering Iran played the entire second half with 10 men  but Iran got robbed of a penalty in 94th minute. it was clear handball to me, the ref called it but then the VAR room made him change his originally (correct) decision     for some reasons we have to play our next home match against Qatar in neutral venue (UAE) on Tuesday.  a win there will put Iran in a very good position to qualify. I'm still confident they can get the 3pts against the so-called Asian Champion.   and looking at other results, S-Korea scored a big win in Jordan (they got eliminated by the same team at the Asian Cup) and Japan also beat KSA in KSA. I think JPN/KOR are safe to qualify as usual. it's between Australia and KSA in Group C and Iraq/Jordan in Group B
    • Qualification events in three sports will take place during the The World Games Series this weekend. The basic info is available here: https://www.theworldgames.org/news/The-World-Games-2025-33/Inaugural-The-World-Games-Series-kicks-off-in-Hong-Kong-2573
    • Well we almost beat that small dot on the map if it wasn't for the bonus 4 minutes
    • British users where are you , go check your bathroom 
    • Oooooh look at that ,Satanyahu was spying his  bathroom     Former U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson Claims Netanyahu Bugged His Bathroom   https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/2024-10-04/ty-article/former-u-k-prime-minister-johnson-claims-netanyahu-bugged-his-bathroom/00000192-5633-d956-a997-febf4e7f0000     Boris Johnson says spying device was discovered after Satanyahu visit   https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/boris-johnson-says-spying-device-was-discovered-after-netany
    • Three points, and next match against Peru at home. Now, I believe we will qualify.
    • Looks like we have our first QS (field hockey) https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/org.panamhockey.strapi/Qualification_PAG_2027_ENG_dffd0fa50f.pdf   Some slight changes versus 2023, 2019 and 2015.
    • Our best and most creative player (Fortounis) moved to Saudi Arabia this year and is turning 32 in a few days so he is probably done with the national team. I know Jovanovic was talking to him last month about him coming back but it didn't happen I guess. We can blame our previous manager Poyet for that, he kicked off our best player and probably sleeps very well at night knowing our federation paid him a nice salary of 700.000 euro per year when all he did was offer us false hope and cause significant damage to our team, but what does he care, he is not Greek and we paid him a lot of money for doing a poor job so he is probably laughing at us.   Anyways we seem to be building a good team with depth now.   GK we have Vlachodimos who is better than most European national team keepers, though I wish he stayed at Benfica because he doesn't play at Newcastle this season. He's 30 which isn't old for a keeper but we have two very good young players, Mandas and Tzolakis who are both already getting very good experience and only 21-22 years old.   Our defense has always been very strong and still is, and we keep producing good young defenders so I don't think we will have to worry for many years.   Offensive players were always our issue especially in the last 10 years, but we have so much quality now even without Fortounis. Pavlidis who scored 2 goals today, Tzolis, Konstantelias, Douvikas, Ioannidis, and now we have a 17 yo Mouzakitis from Olympiacos who is a big talent and already playing in important games for club.
    • Yes, in 2004 we were very strong honestly, for example we had Zikos who played the full 90 mins of the Champions League final that year and didn't even get called up for the tournament because we had other better players. Also, back then the Greek league was much stronger than it is now, we had 3 clubs in the Champions League group stages that year for example, in addition to many other players at top European clubs (Karagounis-Inter Milan, Nikolaidis-Atletico Madrid, Dellas-Roma, Fyssas-Benfica, etc).   2006 we had a tough group also (no massive teams but a lot of solid teams and depth) and just missed out on the World Cup. We had Ukraine, Denmark, Turkey, plus Albania who historically don't like us so they had extra motivation against us.    2008 to 2014 we were good and very consistent, we qualified for everything and almost always beat the teams we were supposed to beat, but rarely pulled off upset wins.   After 2014 we were pretty much in shambles, for a number of reasons I won't get into, but some of our results did not make sense because we had many players at top European clubs who consistently did well on a club level but when they all came together for the national team, we were horrible. On paper we had arguably a much stronger team than 2008 to 2014 but just could not get results. For example Sokratis, Manolas, Mitroglou, Samaris, Holebas, Torosidis, and K. Papadopoulos and Karnezis to a lesser extent. We still almost qualified for the 2018 World Cup but otherwise our results were very poor.   Now we seem to be doing well, even before Jovanovic we showed some good signs and came third in a very tough group for Euro 2024 qualifiers and had one bad game against Georgia (in which we still didn't concede any goals) which ruined our chances but after the first three Nations League games, I think it's time for us to finally believe in our national team again.