website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, rybak said:

President Andrzej Duda just announced that current Prime Ministry Mateusz Morawiecki will get rights to create "new" government, despite PiS does not have enough seats in Parliament to create government and ruling alone.

At least they do not make statements about fighting for religious values and planning to send an astronaut in space at the same time :facepalm:

Edited by Thagard

[OFF TOPIC] Fantasy Games Thread
Posted
10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Forgot this, but quickly entered a 'Want to Win' team (I had no time to read the rules :p ) and chose Geox/Venturi as teams and Frijns/De Vries as drivers :d 

Only 28 points in the first round which is 58 points down from the leader.

I created a private league called Totallympics where you and other friends can join:  https://fantasy-formula-e.com/league-scores/1533-totallympics  ; password: sportsaddicted

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Really surprised De Vries was that cheap :yikes: 

I get he's a rookie, but one can expect Mercedes to have their stuff in order without a doubt and he's the F2 champion..

Yeah, I was also surprised with his price. I think he has good chances to be one of the race winners this season.

This series made me follow his career more carefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVYk67oNpLI      :bounce:

Posted
39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Forgot this, but quickly entered a 'Want to Win' team (I had no time to read the rules :p ) and chose Geox/Venturi as teams and Frijns/De Vries as drivers :d 

I've also got De Vries and opted for Massa for old time sake. :d

I didn't create a league unfortunately.

Posted
On 18/11/2019 at 18:11, Vojthas said:

Anyone willing to play ski jumping World Cup fantasy? The only problem - it's in Polish. However this shouldn't be very hard, I can help with something, if somebody wants to.
https://menedzerskokow.tvp.pl/

Thanks, my team is Awal Sharks based in the beautiful city of Gdynia in Pomorskie. :d

I have 9 nationalities in my team, I just hope they are bright not to take their water-skis to the contest. :d

Posted (edited)

Hi guys.

I am Mihai and you knew me 2 months ago as CestaKago. However because I didn't remember my old and complicated password after clearing the cache, I decided to return with another account so Sindo feel free to close my former one.

However, I am posting here to advertise a nice Formula E fantasy game I found yesterday and maybe you would like to play it as the 2019-2020 World Championship starts tomorrow in Saudi Arabia:

https://fantasy-formula-e.com/

Good luck everyone!

Edited by TahkamUnkit

Posted
2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

So “Civil War” has been trending on Twitter all night....

That might be all that’s needed for impeachment now. Holy shit.

I see the church is choosing the wrong side, the irrational one, but no surprise about that, as usual...

Posted
Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I’m going to take a wild guess and say your a university history professor...

You were very close except for the fact that I never tought at university and I don't teach right now. :p Or, as Peter Sellers said in "The Party": "You shoot me right in the pantaloon partner." :d

Posted
4 hours ago, MHSN said:

I always wonder why in English they call him Cyrus ! here he is called Kourosh ! totally different

and Uthmans conquered Khorasan ? I didn't know that, that's the far right of Iran if you check the map (Turkey is in the west). they had to conquer the whole Persian empire to reach Khorasan :d

my friend the war is started long time ago. except this is a win-loss war right now. Iran is trying to make it a loss-loss war for everybody. btw USA is "locked and loaded" for a very long time. their threats are not scaring people anymore.

in the meaning time, USA is denying visa for the Iranian delegation for the UN summit. that was very brave from Trump.

Well, I suspect the Greeks have to do a little with all the names in the Middle East antiquity. In Romanian we call him Cyrus also, to not mention Cambises for instance, it's easier to pronounce than having to pronounce the Iranian name. As far as I can see by the time of the Abbasyd Caliphate the Sasanid Empire was already conquered and by the end of this dinasty the Arabs and Chinese were already foes in south-eastern nowadays Kazakhstan.

Yeah, today we are fighting each other for resources and markets but the war is mainly run on the economy side. Everybody is at war with everybody. I think that the "national" reason why we fought wars in the past is outdated today.

Posted
4 hours ago, bestmen said:

KSA confirmed that the attack of the refinery was by Iran , the war is coming 2018-05-26_22-58-12.jpg

Will this be a "rematch" of Cyrus the Great taking the Neo-Babilonian Empire in 539 BC or Caliph Uthman conquering Fars and Khorasan in 650-651?  :D

Just kidding, nobody likes wars. I hope we won't get there.