website statistics
Canada National Thread
Posted

Judo Canada reactivates the Judo Canada Membership validation tool. I doubt this is reliable information if a Judoka still competes in IJF WT. Example judoka like Kelita says, membership is active for the 2022 season, she retired this year. 

Judoka like Antoine Bouchard, CBP and Kelly Deguchi find not membership...

Link for this tool:  Judo Canada member identification tool – Judo Canada

You need only First / Last Name, and Date of birth for lookup.

Canada National Thread
Posted
On 9/2/2021 at 7:14 AM, seb851 said:

Here is a summary of all our athletes in judo for the team event quotas for 2024

-57 kg (-48 kg, -52 kg, -57 kg) : Kelly Deguchi(-52kg/-57kg), Jessica Klimkait/Christa Deguchi (57kg)

-70 kg (-57 kg, -63 kg, -70 kg) : Jessica Klimkait /Christa Deguchi (57kg), Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard (63kg) (If CBP retires, I hope that Klimkait or Deguchi will climb in the 63kg)

+70 kg (-70 kg, -78 kg, +78 kg) : I hope one of our juniors will be ready in time in this category

-73 kg (-60 kg, -66 kg, -73 kg) : Jacob Valois(66kg), Antoine Bouchard (73kg)

-90 kg (-73 kg, -81 kg, -90 kg) : Antoine Bouchard (73kg) ,Arthur Margelidon (81kg)

+90 kg (-90 kg, -100 kg, +100 kg) : Shady El Nahas/Kyle Reyes (-100kg) 

----------------------------------------

We have confirmation that Ecaterina Guica does not plan to continue until Paris 2024.

Isabelle Harris in the 63kg will be one to watch in the coming years, she has a lot potential. 

Christa Deguchi gives me the impression that she is stopping competing for Canada. She is the only grade A of Judo Canada Team will not compete at the GrandSlam in Paris, otherwise Canadian Olympic team for Tokyo 2020 

Canada National Thread
Posted
On 8/30/2021 at 5:52 PM, seb851 said:

It's strange, Christa Deguchi not compete Paris Grand Slam, a first sign that she will retire ? She is currently outside the top 10 in WRL, very not good seed for start 2024 Olympics Qualification phase start next years

Is not weird, the manner in which she thanked her fans in June was a farewell and not continue for Paris 2024 ... but her sister stay in Canada Team for now :wacko: