website statistics

India at 2024 Paris Olympics Road to Paris 2024

1 hour ago, thala07fan said:

What are everyone's final predictions for our medal tally? 

I will give my sport-wise predictions

Boxing (1S, 1B)
I expect 2 medals given that all of our boxers have the pedigree to win medals. Obviously, Nikhat would be the best bet. I feel the other medal can come from Lovlina/Nishant. 

Wrestling (1B)

I am hoping for a medal from Antim Panghal. She has also got a good draw to win a medal. Hoping others also perform well, especially Vinesh.

Badminton (1S)
Sat-Chi are obviously very big medal favourites. We have won a medal in badminton in either Olympics/World Champs continuously since 2012. Hoping this continues. (I think only China one of Japan/Korea have done the same) Lakshya and Sindhu can also surprise. 

Athletics (1G)

Neeraj is the only realistic medal contender. And I have tremendous trust in his consistency despite recent injuries. Hoping Sable and the 4*400m relay teams also reach the final 8.

Shooting (1S 1B)
Everybody in our rifle and pistol squad can deliver a medal. Just hope they all don't buckle under pressure. I feel 50m rifle three positions (both men and women) and both mixed team events are our best bet for medals. 

Others(1S/1B)
Meerabai Chanu can easily win a medal if she is near her best and not injured. Archery also has good prospects especially if Dheeraj Bommadevara performs well. Men's hockey can also win a medal. They were in good form in the last two pro leagues though this year has not went well. 

Overall - 1G, 3S, 3B - 8 medals. 

I'm also pretty much on the same page, but less optimistic about our chances in shooting. Also, I was big on Lovlina's chances in boxing but she has a difficult draw in the QF.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, thala07fan said:

I'm also pretty much on the same page, but less optimistic about our chances in shooting. Also, I was big on Lovlina's chances in boxing but she has a difficult draw in the QF.

Did the boxing seeds come out? Can you share the boxing seeds?

Never mind found it. Lovlina is facing Li Qian in the Quarterfinals. I would say chances of medals are near 0 because of that 

Edited by sounak

1 hour ago, sounak said:

Did the boxing seeds come out? Can you share the boxing seeds?

Never mind found it. Lovlina is facing Li Qian in the Quarterfinals. I would say chances of medals are near 0 because of that 

Lovlina did beat Li Qian in the world championship in Delhi on her way to the gold medal... And recently lost on a 2-3 split decision against her at the Czech Republic Grand Prix. So, maybe there is some hope after all 🤞

5 minutes ago, thala07fan said:

Lovlina did beat Li Qian in the world championship in Delhi on her way to the gold medal... And recently lost on a 2-3 split decision against her at the Czech Republic Grand Prix. So, maybe there is some hope after all 🤞

Yeah! Chen at the last Olympics was also probably a superior opponent. But she defeated her and boxed very tactically. Hope she is able to replicate that.