website statistics

Surfing 2024 Dicussion Thread

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Brazil is being robbed once again in men's surfing. That's the only way to beat us, right, USA? :evil:

But ok, silver is still a good result, despite everything.

But it's :HWI in the final, no? :p 

How was he robbed by the way? Apart from simply not getting the scores he wanted :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But it's :HWI in the final, no? :p 

How was he robbed by the way? Apart from simply not getting the scores he wanted :p 

An aerial like that only gets an 8, seriously? You can say that the criteria for this sport are subjective, but if that thing isn't worth at least a 9, what kind of shitty sport is this?

And curiously, JJF with a simpler trick gets a higher score than that?

Edited by hoversaBR

8 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

what kind of shitty sport is this?

I've been wondering that for most of the Olympic surfing event, when seeing that most of the tricks consisted of staying upright (I was expecting jumps and stuff, but of course that's also because I had no clue :d).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I've been wondering that for most of the Olympic surfing event, when seeing that most of the tricks consisted of staying upright (I was expecting jumps and stuff, but of course that's also because I had no clue :d).

Yes, there was a lot of talk here that surfers like Medina and Vaast were favorites in Tahiti because the judges in Tahiti valued that type of trick. I always wondered, how did they value it? Is it simply a question of which trick the judge likes the most and that's it?

In any case, I maintain my position, this should not be an Olympic sport.

WSL Finals ended up with John John Florence becoming World Champion (2-0 against Italo Ferreira)

GW07rn7W0AAre3a?format=jpg&name=large

and Caitlin Simmers beating by 2-1 Caroline Marks

GW1GPcaXIAI8L4J?format=jpg&name=large

great finals, specially the first heat of the women’s title match. Also impressive Ítalo beating everyone from the 5th spot until the title match, too bad John John was better this time but I believe he’ll do it again soon.