website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Their federation has so much egg on their face it’s actually funny. I know money is tight in these smaller programs, but the women’s team continues to shine. They should be rewarded for their excellence performances, not told the coffers are dry because money went to the men’s team.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

De Lara :MEX and Schreuders :ARU look to have tied for the first shared gold medal of the Games. De Lara had a better move to the wall that made up the few milliseconds Schreuders had on him. 

It looks like they will share the Games Record as well :d

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Curacao is doing really well in the baseball tournament, I wonder if they will allow them to compete at the Pan Ams (under Aruba ofc)

I wish Pan Am Sports would all those extra 'territories' to compete as well

It might be more difficult for PanamSports to include them since the Pan American Games have become a major Olympic qualification event. I really like the Centro Caribe Sports has opened the door to their teams though.

:DOM came back to beat :CUB in a close second semifinal. It means the gold medal match will be a replay of the pool play match between :DOM and :ISV

It went to overtime then, but I think the favorites are still :DOM

Medal Table After Day 4

Rk Nation G S B Total
1 :MEX Mexico 37 37 29 103
2 :COL Colombia 33 15 19 67
3 :CUB Cuba 21 18 22 61
4 :VEN Venezuela 10 18 24

5 :PUR Puerto Rico 7 8 14 29
6 :IOC Guatemala 5 3 10 18
7 :DOM Dominican Republic 3 10 24 37
8 :ARU Aruba 2 5 4 11
9 :PAN Panama 2 3 3 8
10 :TTO Trinidad and Tobago 2 0 2 4
11 :ESA El Salvador 1 0 3 4
12 :JAM Jamaica 0 2 1 3
13 :NCA Nicaragua 0 1 3 4
14 :BER Bermuda 0 1 0 1
15 :CRC Costa Rica 0 0 8 8
16 :HON Honduras 0 0 2 2
17 :BAR Barbados 0 0 1 1
17 :DMA Dominica 0 0 1 1

I thought El Salvador :ESA was going to be doing better than just those 4 medals so far. 20 years ago when they hosted as well, they had athletes winning silver and bronze in almost all sports. Hope they increase medals starting today. 

Panama :PAN is doing really well. 

:ESA:DOM have to play back-to-back games in baseball today because of the rescheduling. It’s going to be a long day for those players.