Worlds - :NOR

Europe - :DEN

America - :BRA

Asia - :KOR

Africa - :ANG

OQT participants

Worlds - :SWE  :MNE  :GER  :NED  :ESP  :HUN

Europe - :SLO  :CRO 

Romania and Serbia are in a bad situation because of their low ECh placement, they can miss out on the OQT, so it will be very important for them to finish above Croatia/Hungary. The issue with that is that they got a bad draw compared to Hungary and Croatia. This draw definitely benefits us and Croatia more and we are already in a better position thanks to the Euros. 

Also, in a strange way the easier path for Hungary to qualify to Paris is to get defeated by Sweden and Montenegro and to win against Croatia. Getting the 9th place here is better than to go into the Top8 as you would avoid the European teams at the OQT...

my dream would be: South Korea, Angola, Brazil, Romania, Hungary, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Spain

15 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I completely missed that the draw was already made more than a week ago.

Teams fighting for the Top8

Path A/B - :SWE  :MNE  :HUN  :CRO  

Path C/D - :NOR  :FRA 

Path E/F - :DEN  :GER  :ROU  :SRB 

Path G/H - :NED  :ESP  :BRA 

Honestly the Top8 seems very predictable: :SWE  :MNE  :NOR  :FRA  :DEN  :GER  :NED  :ESP (with Brazil as a spoiler on G/H)

If everything goes as expected :NOR  :DEN  :FRA  will be direct qualifiers and we can probably add Brazil to that. There's a good chance that almost every Top12 team here will earn either a direct spot to Paris or an OQT spot. Goal difference can also play a big part in who qualifies to the OQT, so Hungary, Croatia, Romania, Serbia and others will have to beat their weaker opponents by as wide of a margin as they can to ensure a good placement. It's still incredibly stupid from IHF that we don't have 9-12th placement matches....

Anyway, our girls will simply have to beat Croatia and I think we will have a pretty good chance to earn an OQT spot. Our draw is quite good. If we will fail against Croatia for the second tournament in a row, we don't deserve to be in Paris. 

you can remove brazil, they will qualify during the pan american this fall

28 minutes ago, Vektor said:

So the WCh continues to be very predictable. We got the QF pairings that everyone should have expected before the tournament. Hungary being there instead of Iceland is the only tiny surprise, but that was always the least predictable spot in the Top8.

Let's see if we get any surprises or the Final Four will be...

:FRA v :SWE 

:ESP v :DEN 

for me norway beat spain

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

Do you really believe Iceland, Serbia or Netherlands can take a medal at ECH? Or Egypt not winning Africa champs considering they are hosting it? Most likely is really Egypt winning here but not really realistic. 

egypt will have the african quota

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Wow, Denmark won against Norway!

Which means that if France wins against Norway in the semi, the winner of :DEN v :MNE will qualify for Paris2024. 

Either way, big chance for both Denmark and Montenegro to reach the final of a major international tournament. It would be Denmark's first final since Euro 2004! And it would be Montenegro's first final since Euro 2012. 

i believe in denmark

11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

If only our girls could consistently play like did today... One more defeat, but this one was very promising for the future, maybe there's still hope. I mean, there isn't much hope for anything at this ECh, that went away with that match against Croatia, but for next year's WCh we need what we saw today. That way there's a chance for an Olympic quota. 

yes this TQO will be very open, with the absence of russia and the host country quota for France, it frees up 2 places for the best teams.

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

:FRA  :NOR  :MNE  :DEN  :SWE  :NED  will all be there, I would be surprised if one of them messes up the qualification.

:GER  :ESP  should also make it, but Spain is having a rough start here. 

If the 8 listed above all predictably qualify, there will be one more spot for the Europeans. Which would go to Russia under normal circumstances. I don't know... maybe :SLO ? Or :POL ? Or :ROU ? Or us, somehow? :d Who knows which team avoids injuries and be in top form one and a half years from now. 

i hope romania and hungary instead of montenegro

Yes, if :FRA is in the Top4, which they certainly will be.

Unless there are some major surprises maybe even the 8th place here secures an OQT spot. The fact that we are missing both France and Russia from the Olympic qualification severely limits how this can play out. I would say that the biggest winners of this ECh appear to be :SLO who might secure their OQT participation here. If they beat Croatia, I think they are in. 

Which European nations do you think will go to Paris? i would like to see denmark again at the olympics

Told ya @CCB, the second SF spot behind :NOR hasn't been decided yet.

:NOR  4 pts

:SWE  2 pts

:DEN  2 pts

:SLO  2 pts

:CRO  2 pts

:HUN  0 pts

Looks kinda interesting, things can get messy if our girls wake up and steal at least one point from Sweden or Denmark. 

are the semi-finalists guaranteed to participate in the TQO?