website statistics

Final Medal Predictions

8 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

They've won medals in the last three Games, the only team to Stop the Netherlands in close to two decades. They've done their share; a certain changing of the guard/rebuild is usual.

It is, and the Women's team have been amazing in successive Games (definitely time for the Men to step up!). But England Hockey is pretty well-resourced, and the current squad is not dominated by either youngsters or veterans - it has a core of players who are a good age, and just haven't pushed on. As a hockey player myself, I'm probably being hyper-critical though!

6 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

They've won medals in the last three Games, the only team to Stop the Netherlands in close to two decades. They've done their share; a certain changing of the guard/rebuild is usual.

I feel the change should have been more fluid rather than playing out the Rio squad until they flaked off, they've also struggled to gain momentum since Danny Kerry changed to the men - the pro league results are speaking volumes on this. Additionally their previous first choice keeper Heesh is out injured. Overall outlook not good at all :(