website statistics
  • Latest Posts around Totallympics

• That would be fantastic. Mostly I just don't need the sidebar because it makes the experience less good by being distracting and in the way, but the main issue (for me, that is) is seeing content of all kinds of threads.   I'm very glad this wasn't around during the Olympics yet, I would genuinely not have been able to enjoy Totallympics at all then. That was sometimes already somewhat difficult with the never-ending insistence of people to spoil results in threads of other sports, but the current sidebar would have made it very hard (and that would be a shame, because I definitely love and always will love Totallympics ).   Anyhow, we'll see how this develops. And about the clubs: yes, you see the latest posts in the sidebar, but I don't want to see posts in the sidebar at all (and in the case of , the club isn't that active, so for weeks I've basically seen the same 2-3 year old posts). Seeing a changing poll or newly registered users or something, while not ideal to have it in a non-customisable sidebar, is at least less distracting than actual content so less of a problem.   Again, all just my opinion, I can totally imagine other people - probably even a majority - have no issues whatsoever.    
    • Yes, the whole forum is now wider so the "posts" section is almost as wide as before.   The sidebar can be customised anyway so my plan is to add more things in the future, like olympic qualification trackers and other things. I can try to ask for a customised plugin where users can choose what they see in the sidebar, but I am not sure it will be possible.   If you are in a club or not makes no difference on the presence of the sidebar, right? You should just see your club's latest post if you have joined a club, but if you are no part of any club you should still see the sidebar, with the other blocks (like a poll, the latest registered users etc.)
    • So you see the sidebar also from tablet/mobile?
    • Hardly, it was out before the Tokyo Games happened...
    • And watching Artistic Swimming or Ice Dancing you can get impressed with the choreo and the artistic elements... Im just still trying to understand Kata. All seemed the same, all doing the same... why someone won? Cause they shouted more? It was veeeery weird   Not that Kumite was any better. I failed to understand that too.     Karate had it chance and it fumbled the bag pretty hard. Almost as hard as Breaking.
    • Cool to be invited a few days before because Sweden etc declines and then use the opportunity to win everything!
    • We also have artistic swimming and figure skating. Dancing will be a part of the Olympics, even if DanceSport never returns.
    • No, we don't. I know this is even going to keep me away from the forum in the winter, when the winter sports are going on (which I know isn't important, but I find sad for myself ), because it's just unavoidable to see comments and replies in other threads. Might almost as well make it one massive chat room instead of having separate threads...   Anyhow, something changed since last night it seems, the open thread is now at least wider (on desktop/laptop) and the sidebar takes relatively a bit less space, so that's....somewhat better, I guess? It should be a setting though, since I can definitely imagine some people find it useful or even nice, while others don't.   I'm having this sidebar since joining the NED club right before the Olympics, and have found the presence of that bar highly irritating ever since (in such a way that, now that I realize it, I'll leave the club now that the Olympics are done for the sole purpose of having less of the sidebar)   
    • Thinking breakdancing 'changes the essence of the Olympics' is somewhat exaggerated, to be fair. Especially when you consider we already have an Olympic dancing competition that's widely accepted as being part of it (unfortunately), and is called dressage.
    • Singapore is 2 races out from qualifying their first ever skier.