website statistics
  • Latest Posts around Totallympics

• I was thinking this exact same thing with a dangerous precedent. A few examples, it won't just stop with lacrosse, what's to stop Maori athletes from forming their own rugby 7s/kayaking teams. 90% of the gold medal winning women's team and kayaking team are Maori. The Scots wanting their own track cycling/swimming teams, Catalans and Basques from both France and Spain wanting their own football teams. I haven't even started on individual athletes. You see where this is going...
    • Tennis ITF US Open 2024   New York (USA) - 20 August 2024 - 8 September 2024     Official Website Programme Results System Facebook Page Discussion Thread
    • Due to economical factors, Czech Ski Association withdrew from hosting the COOP FIS Cross-Country World Cup, which was scheduled to take place from 31st January to 2nd February 2025 in Nove Mesto na Morave.   Options for a substitution are currently being evaluated by the FIS Cross-Country team together with the respective NSA's and organisers.   A solution will be presented during the FIS Autumn meetings (24th to 27th September) to be discussed by the S.C. for World Cup & Continental Cup, Cross-Country Committee and approved by the FIS Council. https://www.fis-ski.com/cross-country/news/2023-24/fis-cross-country-world-cup-nove-mesto-czk
    • I agree - there are certain relatively small footprint urban sports it made all sorts of sense to include to the IOC. In a sense I'm surprised (though happy) that Breaking didn't survive.   As for the teams sports, I think LA asked for and got too many - and happy though I am to see it, arguably cricket could have waited to Brisbane - but then Sevens should have been brought in London, not Rio, and LA didn't know Brisbane was getting the 32 Games when it bid. I still think, for the new teams sports, if they aren't already small sided (Lacrosse sixes, sevens etc), the best way is to start working out a 'cycle'/revolving list
    • "Don't  really understand, by the way, why fluid nationality ,diversity and multiculturalism rather than Western culture are so popular among Europeans"   I bet you don't.
    • Does anyone know if any  swimmers will be competing at the Paralympics? Russian wikipedia says there are 6, all from .
    • *The LA28 Committee.    Anyway, it's yet to see if the additional sports program will survive post-2028. The main point has been achieved IMO (adding new - urban, etc. - sports to the core program without sacrificing any existing sports.
    • Women's Field Hockey EHF European Championship 2025   Mönchengladbach (GER) - 8 August 2025 - 17 August 2025     Official Website Programme Results System Facebook Page Discussion Thread
    • Biathlon IBU Summer World Championships 2024   Otepää (EST) - 22 August 2024 - 25 August 2024     Official Website Programme Results System Facebook Page Discussion Thread
    • It’s interesting that you believe the problem is with the countries that people wish to move to, and not with the countries that some are desperate to leave   None of this is relevant to an English born Australian returning to represent his native country of course