website statistics
India National Thread
Posted

Hockey seems to be highly unpredictable this olympics....  Aus n Germany not in finals....... India seems to have provided great platform for Argentina by drawing with Canada... As a result Argentina is in finals now... pity that India def Argentina in league matches 

India National Thread
Posted
26 minutes ago, shrikant said:

Olympics this year is making me lose interest in Indian sports

I feel thats a too big statement to make..... don't loose hope...... even ever reliable djokovic, serena, australia hockey team. newzealand rugby, korean world record archer, argentina football team etc. had bad time in this olympics... 

India National Thread
Posted
Just now, Dolby said:

I am afraid we would face Australia in QF :(

that is what i meant........ i hope spain atleast draws great britan match...... india should avoid Aus in QF in any case (or is it the other way, the way Aus is playing in this olympics) 

India National Thread
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dolby said:

1) Goal Difference 2) Goals Scored 3) H2H (after that not sure, maybe coin toss?)

if that is the case.... with spain in bad position in belgium match today and aus having match with brazil in last match am wondering what is going to happen

India National Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Dolby said:

Before Olympics started, the only things I wanted from group stages was 1) good performance 2) QF and 3) avoid Australia in QF. There is no way Australia is going to finish in top 2, so 3rd or 4th is not bad. 

btw if both team are on same points... what is the criteria for placing

India National Thread
Posted

did some one following hockey placings in other group........ really surprising results.... with the way things are placed i feel india is better to be placed at 4th in our group :(

India National Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Kiruphagaran said:

Chin up guys. We have some more events to go.  If we dont support who will. you wont get to watch olympic moments often.

Thats the way to go........ I think we have lost out on only two medal opportunities weightlifting (not many cared but it was our easiest medal chance considering no chinese there) and Bindra (hard luck).... so not all is lost... still good no of chances are there for India

India National Thread
Posted
10 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

surprisingly, i find this forum rather quiet now than during London.....

It was way more active in terms of posts during Commonwealth and Asian games

We used to have some really heated arguments...

I think it is more or less linked to no of events india partcipating... in Asiad/Commonwealth games india partcipation is high and more importantly medalists were more

India National Thread
Posted

I know everyone is disappointed with India not winning any medal till now (loosing one or two very closely).... I feel India have some more chances in badminton, shooting, wrestling and also may be in tennis and boxing...... hoping for the best:d