website statistics
6 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Well it's nothing personal, but this will be a close competition so every 0.5 more or less will definitely affect the result.

Of course it's not personal.  Like I said, my opinion of the dive went down on the replay, so maybe it'd go down even more if I watched it again.  Every point counts.  

31 minutes ago, dcro said:

FINA probably did something indeed. It's a very bad image for the sport if someone wins all dozen events.

Interestingly, artistic swimming and diving are probably the only Olympic sports with 10+ medal events where a gold medal sweep is possible. Makes you wonder. :p

At least in diving, silver and bronze are still up for grabs and sometimes there are upsets of even the Chinese.  The same countries win all the medals in synchronized swimming at every competition for over a decade now.  It's not a good look. 

Diving at the Summer Olympic Games 2016
Posted (edited)

I'm happy for Hausding, he's a great diver.  So is Laugher (but for some reason I find him arrogant, but I'm happy for him, too).  And the Chinese, again.  Sure.  

Great for Gagne to make the final.  He's only 18.  Look out for him in Tokyo!

Edited by orangeman

I wasn't wishing ill will towards the Norks, but they had to miss a dive completely in order to get the marks they deserved.  Malaysia was very good today.  The Chinese, like I said, could slip off the platform and still fall gracefully enough to get top marks.  The British gave a good showing, too.