website statistics
5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

all of fans aren't even qatari , they are from all nationalities who hate Israel like any normal person like u hate Russia and ban Russian athletes and Russian flags in all tournaments 

I'm half Ukrainian and wouldn't and haven't booed Russian athletes. 

Edited by orangeman

1 minute ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

You gotta like what this means for next year though!

I'll believe it when I see it.  Lots of potential, very little results for Canada historically.  

I'm not bashing Kharun here either, he did a PB after all.  Just tough to always get 4th.

3 x 4th, 2 x medals here so far for Canada, btw.  

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

It's juts the first event. :p Now if people expected her to win 6 golds ala Phelps, then yeah, it might be a disappointment.

I expected her to put up a fight. I'm not trying to go at her personally, she's 16 and I'm sitting in my livingroom.  But as a Canadian sports fan you just learn to live with the disappointments. We get more 4th+5th places than 1st+2nd+3rds every major event. Favourites, underdogs, comebacks, out of nowhere.  We just get used to it.  

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Canada had two golds in one day yesterday for the first time ever. Today 2 fourth place finishes....back to normal :p

It's our natural state.  

Oleksiak finsihed 4th in Tokyo.  1-3 are not here in Budapest, and she still managed to finish 4th.  That's devotion.