website statistics
10 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

That would be completely incomprehensible.

It is correct that no German 49er made the internal criteria, but why should they participate in a last chance regatta with only relevance Olympic quota with three (!!!) boats and finish on places 1,4 and 5 and then decline the quota. :facepalm:

The same happened to Brazil, with their internal criteria. One journalist said that in order to have bigger storage room, the Brazilian sailing federation decided to forget their own rules and take all boats.

1 hour ago, Jur said:

I still don't get how Austria and Switzerland can be a Developing Nation but Perú can't. That doesn't make any sense to me.

The developing nation is specific to countries that did not participated in that class in the last two editions. I agree with you that is a bit odd - at least in name. This is the full list

I like the idea, but perhaps should be give to countries without representation AT ALL?

8 minutes ago, copravolley said:

For me he should have gotten a better QO. The Italians were 1 point better. Hong Kong is not an emerging country because it has obtained 2 other qualifications. This federation is ridiculous because it can`t establish clear qualification rules. They are turning it into one big circus with some quotas for continents, some specially treated nations, etc. It's just strange that Italy is always harmed: Chamizo, sailing, rowing, etc.

Well, they have a clear qualification rules, although one can oppose to it...

14 hours ago, Pasolini said:

Apparently Austria and Switzerland got quotas on women's (don't ask me why) and Finland and Slovakia got on men
https://www.sailing.org/2024/04/25/czech-1-2-seals-nations-olympic-spot-in-windsurfing/

I understood now.
First of all, Australia rejected its quota on the Oceania championhsips.
Then the quotas went to the Developing Nations Program, not the Emerging Nations Program.... 

6 hours ago, Jur said:

:BER Campbell PATTON doesnt count for ENP. Is Sebastian KEMPE. He wont count.

:EST and :MAS are ENP too. They are currently in normal quota place, but nothing is set yet.

I wonder if there will be more races apart from medal race? If so, we could see changes

Captura de tela 2024-04-25 194845.png

3 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

According to Czech sailing Federation, we are on the list of ENP. So even before the medal race, all the quotas have been decided. 

https://www.sailing.cz/clanky/dramaticky-paty-den-last-chance-regatta-ve-francouzskem-hyeres?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3O69zIuj88Zm-kQp4JsrlLZzJfn69e9gWsMdMiTWE8BHt_zX7YWIjKs54_aem_AX9aM-IpJ6-IDTz40LNxwi0U9CQPlRkopxaqz-DJJpOX4u5p-2R-OKY0t3hM2Yv1kv5-Bgd0PZxu3ZjKI-xhDErS

They weren't so sure so I will explain their statement. Even I did not find any info that there will be quotas for ENP (at least according to wiki). 

Their counting and explanation: ENP are :FIN :JPN and :CZE speaking of nations that qualified for the medal race. Because :FIN won't be worse than 3rd, will get the direct quota. First ENP goes to :JPN, second to :CZE . As they also mentioned :SGP is not on the ENP list. They did their counting like this but they were not so sure. And also according to their words, this has been confirmed around 7pm. 

So in the 49erFX, the quotas should be :POL :GER :FIN :JPN :CZE

https://sof.regatta.ffvoile.fr/en/default/races/race-resultsall on this table every contender for ENP is clearly signed.

There are no ENP quotas on 49er and 49er FX... 

Edited by Pasolini

11 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

Apparently Austria and Switzerland got quotas on women's (don't ask me why) and Finland and Slovakia got on men
https://www.sailing.org/2024/04/25/czech-1-2-seals-nations-olympic-spot-in-windsurfing/

They got Estonia right (now i realize), but this means 8 quotas???

9 hours ago, Jur said:

I think IQFOIL finished!

MEN'S: :USA:LTU:HKG:GRE:JPN + ENP :SVK. There's another quota up for grabs (African reallocation) we don't know for sure who it goes to. If its ENP as I think, goes to :LAT, if not, it goes to :FIN .

WOMEN'S: :CZE:AIN:TUR:SWE:SLO+ ENP :EST. There's another quota up for grabs (African reallocation) that goes to :PER either way

On 3/17/2024 at 8:47 AM, Dnl said:

just checking with you, i've seen few days ago that we:ISR got a qouta in ILCA6 due to DSQ in the worlds, is that true?

You are right!!!!

Portugal lost its quota, as it was won by Vasileia Karachaliou. Probably Greece did not let her go.

Therefore Finland got a quota from the 2023 World Championships and Israel got the quota from Finland.

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

But should the points  not be doubled for last race .....surely if the medal race points gets doubled so should the final race for non medal race .... if that is the case then the scoring above does not hold good 

No, only the medal race doubles the points.

It happened the same thing with the women's ilca 6 wc a few weeks ago!

11 hours ago, Josh said:

Someone correct me here if I’m wrong, but I believe only the top 10 sailers compete in the medal race?

Actually the top10 sailors race in the medal race, but the others still have one more race to compete. The gold fleet starts without the top10. So the winner will be 11th. this is here, on 7.4 : https://onb.ilca.roms.ar/ilca7men2024/images/onbdocs/SAILING_INSTRUCTIONS_Amendment_1.pdf

image.png

They even posted Wednesday order of race: https://onb.ilca.roms.ar/ilca7men2024/images/onbdocs/Notice_06_-_Plan_for_Wednesday_31_January.pdf

So, if i haven't made any mistake, taking into account the discard, Guatemala, Montenegro, Chile and Denmark already secured the quotas. So Brazil and Argentina get the reallocated continental ones.

13-🇬🇹Juan Maegli 98pt (max de 129)
21-🇲🇪Milivoj Dukic 118pt (máx de 170)
24-🇨🇱Clemente Seguel 123pt (máx de 168)
25-🇩🇰Johan Lundgaard Schubert 124pt (máx de 151)

26-🇮🇳Vishnu Saravanan 125pt (máx de 174) - by 1 point he is still out of a secured quota

28-🇹🇷Yigit Yalcin Citak 146pt (máx de 188)
30-🇸🇪Emil Bengtson 161pt (máx de 207)

31-🇭🇰Nicholas Halliday 163pt (máx de 207)
33-🇲🇾Khairulnizam Mohd Afendy 165pt (máx de 218)
38-🇦🇷Francisco Guaragna Rigonat 184pt (máx de 236)
39-🇲🇪2️⃣ Ilija Markovic 186pt (máx de 233)
40-🇨🇦Luke Ruitenberg 199pt (máx de 247)
42-🇸🇬Ryan Lo 207pt (máx 253)
44-🇺🇲Ford Mccann 209pt (máx 261)
46-🇺🇲2️⃣Marshall Mccann 216pt (máx 255)
47-🇦🇷2️⃣Facundo Olezza 218pt (máx 270)
48-🇨🇭Gauthier Verhulst 223pt (máx 275)
49-🇵🇷Pedro Fernandez 224pt (máx 266) 
51-🇹🇷2️⃣Berkay Abay 244pt (máx 296)

6 hours ago, MatiReimundo said:

After 5 Gold Fleet Races

:FIN 95 Pts (118 Pts) QUALIFIED

:IRL 166 Pts (218 Pts)

:URU 168 Pts (205 Pts) Already qualified via Continental competition

:ESP 198 Pts (250 Pts)

:MEX 204 Pts (245 Pts) Already qualified via Continental competition

:TUR 205 Pts (251 Pts)

:BRA 210 Pts (251 Pts)

--------------------------

:ROU 211 Pts (263 Pts)

:IND 218 Pts (258 Pts)

:ISR 219 Pts (264 Pts)

This results means that :CAY and :CHI would get the reallocated quotas by :MEX and :URU.

We still have one last race tomorrow.

Only Finland and Uruguay are qualified (due to the discard points). Ireland is safe, I guess... but all the others on the line

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

It has been said for the past two years that she would probably not be able to compete at the 2024 Olympics because our Olympic committee needed to "agree" to the switch or something. I'm not familiar with this process but it seems that as long as she doesn't have our approval, she will have to wait until Los Angeles 2028. The president of our Olympic committee said that they are not going to help her compete for another country.

Of course there is still time for her to qualify as a Greek athlete and compete at the Olympics if she qualifies in one of the upcoming regattas under our flag, and our Olympic committee has made it clear that they will "support" her if she chooses to do so, but she has made it clear that she would rather skip these Olympics than compete for Greece.

FYI she has had issues since 2017 with our sailing federation and after the Tokyo Olympics she said she had enough.

but so what happens to her 2023 quota?

It stays in Portugal?

Or if she wants to compete for Greece, can go to Greece?

Or would it go to Finland's Monika Mikkola, 25th at the World?
Or Last chance regatta?

On 12/8/2023 at 7:31 PM, rybak said:

I think that they arent allowed to compete in athletics, but are in swimming.

According to this profile, the nationality of the Bulgarian athlete was challenged, since she is Russian. 

Also, Vasileia Karachaliou was denied change of nationality by the Greek Olympic Committee President, so not sure what this means. Does Greece or Portugal keep her quota?

Sailing ILCA 6 World Championships 2024
Posted (edited)

No, on the last day. (Editing for clarity: Tuesday is the last day. Medal race on Wednesday) 

But something strange happened.

They published a revised fleet. The bulgarian sailor is simply GONE. They only consider 101 boats. So all the previous results are also updated.

This means that Gabriella Kid is on the gold fleet.

So: :IRL:FIN:ISR:ESP:TUR:IND:MEX:URU:ROU:BRA for the 7 quotas

Here is the revised https://onb.ilca.roms.ar/ilca6women2024/images/onbdocs/Fleet_Assignment_for_Monday_8th_January_2024_REVISED.pdf

Edited by Mateus Nagime

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Since :FIJ was given the ILCA 7 quota (I still think it's a mistake) then :SAM may still get the ILCA 6 reallocated quota.

I was thinking about this...

So far only Fiji media has published this? Perhaps the Fiji Sailing Federation and athletes don't know the rules or they are trying to put forward the news. I will try to contact World Sailing regarding this (has someone already tried?) but I don't think they would respond...

Sailing ILCA 6 World Championships 2024
Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2023 at 7:24 AM, Jur said:

:BRA:BUL:CHI:CRO:CZE:ESP:FIN:GUA:HKG:IND:IRL:ISR:JPN:KUW:LTU:PUR:ROU:SLO:SUI:TUR:TUN:UKR:VEN

Battling for 7 quotas.

Can't find no one from Kuwait on the entry list, I guess she has withdrew?

And Switzeerland already has a quota through the WC.

On 12/31/2023 at 1:16 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

:BER :FIJ :MEX :NZL :PER :URU are also eligible to win a quota since the 2024 Worlds have a higher priority. Should they qualify here then their continental quota will be reallocated.

Thailand also is eligible.

So, if my count is right 45 athletes from 29 countries battling for the 7 quotas. 

Edited by Mateus Nagime
typos

Sailing WS Sail Sydney 2023
Posted
On 12/16/2023 at 10:13 PM, Josh said:

Men’s 49er: :AUS

Women’s iQFoil: :AUS

Mixed 470: :AUS

Nacra 17: :AUS

Men’s Kite: :NZL

Men’s ICLA 7: :SAM

Women’s Kite: :NZL

Women’s ICLA6: :NZL:FIJ

Hasn't Fiji won a quota as well on Men's ICLA 7?