website statistics

Poll 75/100 | If you could replace 3 existing sports with 3 new sports what would you choose? *

11 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Given the physical nature of the sport how would you fit a 15 man a side rugby competition into the 16 days of the OG? Also it comes up against the issue that golf and tennis face that the OG would not be regarded as the peak of the sport as it is in Sevens.

8 teams, 2 groups of 4, group winners to gold medal match (& runner-ups to the Bronze medal match)...

starting on day -2 (like football) and playing every 6 days, you get to the GMG on the last day of the Games...

given that the British teams can't play as separate Nations, 8 squads (GBR, IRL, FRA, AUS, NZL, RSA, ARG, JPN) are basically all those who have a chance in the sport (and cover all the continents)...no big names would be left out...

I think it's not impossible (but IRB would never accept such format, as Cricket would never show any interest in the Games until the current powerhouses rule the sport)...

14 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

For me :

Skateboarding- Sepaktakraw (Men's and Women's Regu, Mixed Doubles) easy pick since skateboarding is played by lesser nations and is very booooring . I might turn off my TV if it appears anyhow I'm confident such nonsense won't be shown even if 4 channels will be live with 4 sports. 

Modern Pentathlon - Kabaddi. Both are very old sports with the latter more exciting. 

Artistic Swimming - Cricket 

As much as I'd find it awesome to see sepaktawraw replace skateboarding, in which universe is sepaktakraw a more global sport? :d 

I'd also very much love to see kabaddi replace modern pentathlon, but yeah, if you talk about globally uncompetitive sports, kabaddi is sadly rather high on that list.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

From a Dutch point of view I'd add korfbal, but I'd very much like to see that not being added because it'd be nonsense :lol: 

Artistic swimming out, surfing out, skateboarding out. Not sure which to add, which would also be realistic in terms of competitiveness :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

As much as I'd find it awesome to see sepaktawraw replace skateboarding, in which universe is sepaktakraw a more global sport? :d 

I'd also very much love to see kabaddi replace modern pentathlon, but yeah, if you talk about globally uncompetitive sports, kabaddi is sadly rather high on that list.

Both are sports will do better in coming years due to minimum equipment and facilities needed. Modern Pentathlon is quite costly and skateboarding is only limited to very few nations and should be restricted to youth Olympics so that 12-14 year olds don't fight for gold. 

Kabaddi has very good players from Poland, Kenya, Argentina, Sierra Leone and so many I just can't count. Poland  even beat full strength Iran comfortably at the World Cup in 2016.

Well, I would replace rugby with baseball/softball. I think this cycle has shown that rugby 7s' honeymoon is gone and now they are facing serious growing pains.

On the other hand, the qualifiers in baseball/softball have been largely competitive.

#banbestmen

out - Tennis,Boxing,Weightlifting (too many doping issues)

in- Acrobatics- teams/dues/mixed - i think it's more inclusive and you can mix genders so it's great (and i used to coached it)

Fuchivolly- or even beach footballing for me it's fun to watch

adopt  the concept of "The ninja warrior challenge" to the olympics

and maybe another martiel arts ?