website statistics

Poll 73/100 | Which Summer Olympics sport would you want to see in Winter Olympics ?

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Snow volleyball

Ice climbing @Olympian1010

Crashed ice (similar to bmx)

Ice Climbing’s problem would likely be the number of competitive nations, which would likely increase with Olympic inclusion. I don’t see the sport be added anytime soon, but maybe 2030 depending on the host. 

I also think Ice Cross Downhill would be a fun inclusion, but it runs into similar problems. It could be a good candidate for inclusion if Canada or United States host in 2030.

I’d also put forth Ski Mountaineering and Ski Orienteering for eventual inclusion. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

A few of them actually.

Athletics: Cross Country Running (men’s and women’s individual and team races along with a mixed relay)

Climbing: Ice Climbing

Cycling: Cyclocross

Volleyball: Snow Volleyball

My big pitch for XCR and Snow Volleyball is that they would make the Winter Olympics a truly global event since you would have athletes from South America and Africa vying for medals. XCR and Cyclocross are also just better fits for the winter games than the summer games.

11 minutes ago, NearPup said:

My big pitch for XCR and Snow Volleyball is that they would make the Winter Olympics a truly global event since you would have athletes from South America and Africa vying for medals. XCR and Cyclocross are also just better fits for the winter games than the summer games.

The problem with that is they don’t qualify as winter sports according to the definition set in the Olympic Charter. Neither require snow or ice exclusively for the sport/discipline to take place.

I agree they’d help universality, but the Winter Olympics are also about giving sports that require seasonal conditions an equal opportunity to feature as an Olympic sport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

None. All potentially fun additions are barely competitive at all, globally speaking. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!