website statistics

Poll 71/100 | Which 3 cities do you think are the best for holding the Summer Olympic Games?

At the beginning of 2020 as Coivd was only Asia-thing some politician form London said they could take care of Tokyo Olympic Games.

1. London

2. Los Angeles

3. Sydney

They have stuff needed there

also probably 

Paris, Beijing, Tokyo. And other big cities of USA.

I somehow like the idea of permanent Olympic Venue, so Greece as whole. ;)

From the real existing Olympics: Barcelona, London, Sydney

From potential future hosts: agree with Madrid, looking forward to Paris, and in some point in the future, Istanbul would be also an interesting host (for the moment they are far from being in the position to organise an Olympics)

From the CEE region (excluding Russia) Prague might be the most suitable candidate. Budapest might have (now or in the near future) more or better high level venues (such as the Puskas Arena, the 2022 handball arena, or the 2023 athletics stadium) but in overall infrastructure, Prague wins hands down (especially in public transport, which is essential to hold a non-corona Olympics)

London, Rome, Paris for sure. Most (if not all) of Western European capitals can be included along with major US cities imo.

From the future perspective - I think Buenos Aires would do well. A little more variety would be great for future host selections.

From a viewing standpoint, I loved Rio. Very picturesque and beautiful. The best cities are the ones with the infrastructure & economic stability already in place (Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Sydney). 

Out of the cities that haven’t hosted, I would love to see an African nation host. Also, Toronto & New York would be cool.

Selfishly, I would love to have the games in Detroit. We should of had it in 1968, but Mexico City just beat us out. We haven’t had the economy to host them since the 1968 riots & 2007-08 stock market crash. I am hopeful for the future though (maybe a combined Detroit/Windsor bid)