website statistics

Poll 71/100 | Which 3 cities do you think are the best for holding the Summer Olympic Games?

London has to be there for sure just based on recent Summer Olympics.

All the main cities in Europe that could realistically host have hosted. For new cities, this is biased but Toronto would be a great host, I think the 2015 Pan American Games demonstrated that. 

It's a shame the idea doesn't have enough local and national support, but Amsterdam could do it honestly. As for 'best' I'm thinking London, Paris and Berlin.

Of cities that haven't hosted (by head) I'm thinking Lisbon, New Orleans and Toronto as three options.

Sydney, London and Los Angeles...

but give me free hand on the project and a proper budget and I'm gonna make almost every big city (in the rich part of the world, obviously) the best Olympic city ever...:whistle: :pope:

I already have a magnificent plan to make Milan the best host city of the Summer Olympics in the world...if only I had money enough and a few "friends" in the political establishment...:rofl:

Sydney, Beijing, London.

I prefer to give me chance for emerging economies. Just like Tokyo 1964, Seoul 1988 and Beijing 2008. Olympics play a important role for economy taking off and national confidence. I know Rio 2016 made fans somehow untrusted to emerging economies, still I would like to see more developing countries involved in hosting. India and Indonesia have big potential in 20 years. 

I will have a personal list for potential cities: 

Jakarta, Mumbai, Istanbul 

For obvious reasons it doesn’t make sense to include American or Chinese cities. My list would be:

Paris, London, Tokyo or Sydney

Against Tokyo: They handled the 2020 Olympics very poorly

Against Sydney: Australia is too small and too hot + Lightyears away from the rest of the world

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.