website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Cup 2021 (Doha)

Totallympics

China is reportedly withdrawn from Doha World Cup stage to avoid quarantine back to China and keep the consistent training pace before the OG. Especially there are two more internal trials on 24th June and early July.

It’s a dangerous decision to make. China may lose the World Cup quota if all 3 main opponents win the event with a specifically targeted score. I think there is 20%-30% possibility.

So it’s see if Greece will seize this opportunity.

3 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Petrounias 15.133 in qualifying. He needs 15.334 or better in the final to go to Tokyo. At the recent European Championships, he had 15.366 in qualifying and 15.400 in the final, so hopefully he can repeat that here.

Where you find the results?

I'm so nervous, I don't think I will sleep much tonight :(

For Petrounias this will be harder than the Olympic final...it would be really amazing if he qualifies. Greece has had enough disappointments during this qualification period in various sports, really hope tomorrow won't be another one...

10 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I'm so nervous, I don't think I will sleep much tonight :(

For Petrounias this will be harder than the Olympic final...it would be really amazing if he qualifies. Greece has had enough disappointments during this qualification period in various sports, really hope tomorrow won't be another one...

Yes it is literally an olympic gold or not for Petrounidas and Greece. Although it will reduce İbrahim Çolak’a chances at olympics I still suppprt Petrounidas. An athlete this good should be at the olympics.

What does Petrounias need to do to qualify? I mean, if him qualifying means he has such a huge chance of Olympic gold (presumably because he's the best), surely he has an equally huge chance of winning here and only some rare mistake could keep him out of it? :p 

Or is it some sort of ranking and is winning not enough for him, but he needs certain other athletes to have certain results?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What does Petrounias need to do to qualify? I mean, if him qualifying means he has such a huge chance of Olympic gold (presumably because he's the best), surely he has an equally huge chance of winning here and only some rare mistake could keep him out of it? :p 

Or is it some sort of ranking and is winning not enough for him, but he needs certain other athletes to have certain results?

Him winning is not enough, he has to score really high, I believe more than 15.330 which rareely happens even for great athletes such as Petrounidas. But he did it in European Championships so I would say he has 50% chance