website statistics

Poll 68/100 | Qualification | Which individual sport had the best Qualification for Tokyo?

Before the recent uproar surrounding the reallocation of some quotas, I probably would have gone with archery. In general, World Archery generally has one of the better qualification systems in my opinion. 

I think I’ll go ahead and put my vote on Sport Climbing. Overall, I thought that qualification system was pretty solid considering all of the controversy surrounding the combined event. It created an entertaining series of qualification events as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Among the sports that I follow, I was satisfied with the qualification format of

Badminton: simple, ensuring a good mix between having top players and ensuring universality, continental quotas also limited to max 2 per NOC

Shooting: I know it is complicated but I like that each shooter has multiple chances to qualify. 

Wrestling: Simple. WC followed by continental qualifiers and a last ditch World tournament in the end. 

24 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Judo, without any doubt. 

I agree...

2-year long series with balanced points distribution according to the value of the events included in that list...

no chance to leave any of the best out because of a bad day or an injury...

and a very low percentage of quota places reallocated through unfair, disputable and prone to manipulation continental/invitational lists...