website statistics

Poll 67/100 | Who would be the dream flagbearer(s) for your nation at the Tokyo Olympics?

My dreamed

Male: Peter Sagan.

the best SVK athlete of history, but never going to happen, since road race is always the next morning

Female: No idea, Danka Barteková already was in Rio our flagbearer so it would be fair to honor somebody else this time, maybe Zuzana Rehák-Štefečeková ?

My Expected

If we go with the current trendy M+W I believe we will choose a canoe slalom male (and since our flag bearers are usually former olympic medalists) I expect Matej Beňuš, and for women I think it will be in fact our two time Olympic W Trap silver medalist Zuzana this time

The names however should be announced the 1st of July during the final nomination approval session of our NOC

:ITA Italy have already chosen Jessica Rossi (Shooting, women's Trap Olympic Gold medallist in London) and Elia Viviani (Cycling, men's Omnium Olympic Gold medallist in Rio)...

I'm absolutely OK with them, even if normally I don't like the idea of having "competitive athletes" carrying the Flag...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

:ITA Italy have already chosen Jessica Rossi (Shooting, women's Trap Olympic Gold medallist in London) and Elia Viviani (Cycling, men's Omnium Olympic Gold medallist in Rio)...

I'm absolutely OK with them, even if normally I don't like the idea of having "competitive athletes" carrying the Flag...

Honestly, If Cagnotto had decided not to retire and would have qualified, it would have been great to see her as the standard-bearer.

:IRL Sanita Puspure and Thomas Barr, or failing that Katie Mullan and Billy Dardis, the captain of the two team sports we've qualified, the first time we've qualified two teams in two sports since 1948

:GBR Jason and Laura Trott - Greatest male and female Olympians, married couple, both going for outright records, and it would just be cute. Failing that, Helen Glover and Ed Clancy.

:NED

Purely hypothetically I'd go with two great athletes in their final Games: Epke Zonderland (gymnastics, gold in London) and Ranomi Kromowidjojo (swimming, multiple golds in Beijing and London).

No idea who will go to the opening ceremony or carry the flag in practice. Other candidates would be Lobke Berkhout (sailing), Eva de Goede (hockey) or Edward Gal (equestrian).