website statistics

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2018

Totallympics

vor 14 Stunden schrieb dcro:

Ridiculous WR if you ask me. :facepalm:

For years nobody could break 9 minutes, and now suddenly 8:44...

What about the progression of the american record in the steeplechase, almost as bad if you ask me (same is true for what Houlihan is doing in the 1500/5000 m).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Running 1500m in 3:31.18 when you're 17 years old :lol::bowdown:

I was so happy today when I reached 1km in my run and saw I managed to get a few seconds under 6 minutes.

Wow, thats slow ... have you ever been faster? I remember running around 2,8 km in 12 minutes when i was 14 or 15.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

26 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

And thats just your opinion.

I doubt it. Women's steeplechase only became an Olympic event in 2008 after being added to the world championships in 2005. I'm not saying going from 8:58 to 8:52 to 8:44 is all perfectly normal, but it's not strange for an event to make big steps in the 10-15 years after it became a main event, just because before (in this case) 2005 simply not enough athletes were interested and really pushing each other to the limits. I think we'll see the same thing happen with the women's 50km race walk, where I expect the WR to be shattered by a big margin more than once before 2030.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

31 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Wow, thats slow ... have you ever been faster? I remember running around 2,8 km in 12 minutes when i was 14 or 15.

Nope, because I've never really trained running (apart from always a few times per year and then waiting for another year) or any other sport for that matter. Now I'm exercising a lot and I've added one or two running trainings per week to it since this month. My very first running goal was simply being able to run for 12 minutes straight, doing at least 2000 meters (which someone of my age (27) and health (no problems) should easily be able to do of course). I managed 2,14km yesterday, I'm taking it step by step until at least 2,5km :d  Progress is progress, no matter how small

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yesterday was fun, but now in London we have a world record in the most prestigious and highly competitive event ever! The 28 year old WR in the men's 3000m race walk is gone!

97ikDTn.png

:lol:

il y a 4 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Yesterday was fun, but now in London we have a world record in the most prestigious and highly competitive event ever! The 28 year old WR in the men's 3000m race walk is gone!

97ikDTn.png

:lol:

Let's call it a World Best just to be technical :p

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Let's call it a World Best just to be technical :p

It's a British athlete, in Great Britain. No freaking way this is gonna be called a world best instead of a world record (and probably a very prestigious one, which all of the athletics world is excited about now) at least until the weekend is over :d 

Edited by heywoodu

il y a 4 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

It's a British athlete, in Great Britain. No freaking way this is gonna be called a world best instead of a world record at least until the weekend is over :d 

Here you go then :p