website statistics

What medal in Tokyo for someone NOT from your country would be the most fun for you?

Don’t know if fun is the word, but some athletes i like and want them to do well that I can remember now (among others):

Athletics:

:USA Allyson Felix (if qualified)

:BUL Ivet Lalova

:SWE Angelica Bengtsson

:USA Sam Kendricks

:RUS Maria Lasitskene

:UKR Yulia Levchenko

:UKR Yaroslava Mahuchikh

:LTU Airine Palsyte (if qualified)

:QAT Mutaz Eza Barshim

Canoeing:

:BRA Isaquias Queiroz dos Santos

Fencing:

:ROU Ana Maria Popescu

Gymnastics:

:ROU Larisa Iordache

Judo:

:UKR Daria Bilodid

Swimming:

:USA Katie Ledecky

:USA Nathan Adrian (if qualified)

:RUS Kliment Kolesnikov

:RUS Yulia Efimova

:ITA Simona Quadarella

:SWE Sarah Sjostrom

Tennis:

:ROU Simona Halep

:POL Iga Swiatek

:RUS Daria Kasatkina

:SUI Roger Federer

:SRB Novak Djokovic

:RUS Daniil Medvedev

If i had to choose only a few from this list, I'd say Felix and Federer winning golds, Efimova, Halep and Iordache winning a medal and Ledecky sweeping the 200-1500.

23 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Looked at Slovakian squad on wiki, sadly you guys have lesser medal chances than even Ecuador 

That is nothing new buddy, we knew it :lol: I told you last time, any medal would be fantastic, lets hope for at least one

but great for :ECU:bounce:

Basically everyone who wins, who was not expected to win at all. Surprises :cheer: 

Big names and people who already have a big list of major wins (especially if it already includes Olympic golds and such) generally don't do much for me, especially if it's athletes who were basically expected to win. Sports is emotion and emotion is often the biggest and best when someone surprises.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

there are a lot of athletes I like and support despite not being from my Country...

it's too hard to select a few, but this year there's 1 woman I'd really love to see on the Olympic podium: :JPN swimmer Rikako Ikee (many people who know her story could also imagine why)

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

there are a lot of athletes I like and support despite not being from my Country...

it's too hard to select a few, but this year there's 1 woman I'd really love to see on the Olympic podium: :JPN swimmer Rikako Ikee (many people who know her story could also imagine why)

Oh that would be awesome :bowdown: 

If I had the power, I'd trade any medal in swimming for a medal for Ikee!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!